Ceremony and Vow Ideas

How to say our particular vows

We'll be having a civil ceremony and did a mix of writing our own vows and using some already written. Basically we found a couple of vows we liked, pieced them together, and added some of our own wording as well. We'd both say the same vows and aren't long, but aren't super short either. I don't know what's normal for vow length but I'd guess they'd take us each about 30-60 seconds to say them depending on how slow we were to speak. I'm lost on how we should say them though. When both parties have the same vow do you both say them  one after the other or should we each repeat them after our officiant? I also saw on a show where the bride and groom said the vows together at the same time; I was thinking something like that maybe each of us doing one line at a time.

I'm just lost as to the best way to go about this. I know it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but I'd love to see what you guys would prefer in this situation.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

Re: How to say our particular vows

• Dreamergirl8812Dreamergirl8812 your closet member
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary First Answer
    acove2006 said:

We'll be having a civil ceremony and did a mix of writing our own vows and using some already written. Basically we found a couple of vows we liked, pieced them together, and added some of our own wording as well. We'd both say the same vows and aren't long, but aren't super short either. I don't know what's normal for vow length but I'd guess they'd take us each about 30-60 seconds to say them depending on how slow we were to speak. I'm lost on how we should say them though. When both parties have the same vow do you both say them  one after the other or should we each repeat them after our officiant? I also saw on a show where the bride and groom said the vows together at the same time; I was thinking something like that maybe each of us doing one line at a time.

I'm just lost as to the best way to go about this. I know it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but I'd love to see what you guys would prefer in this situation.

What does your FI think?

Anniversary

• @dreamergirl8812  he really doesn't have an opinion yet. Still too far away for him I think. I'm just not sure if any of the ways would sound weird and we cant practice with a straight face lol

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards