Illinois-Chicago

how much should I be spending on photography?

Sugar RushSugar Rush member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2013 in Illinois-Chicago

How much should one be spending on basic photography?  Now that we have a date selected im a little overwhelmed with the wide range of photography prices ive seen.  I dont want extra bells and whistles, I just want the basic 8 hours of photography, 1 photographer and I want full rights to the images.  What do you think I should be spending for that?

Oh, and no engagement photos.  I just want wedding photography and that's it.

Re: how much should I be spending on photography?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I think photography is something to spurgle on. At the end of the day, it is all you are left with (well, and an H) And engagement pictures are usually included for free. It is a great way to get to know yoru photographer before the wedding. I spent about 5% of my budget on a photographer.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    We're spending about $1200, no engagement photos, 8 hrs, 1 photographer -- same as you!  We're still trying to find photographers who are less expensive -- why does the internet promote the ones that are 5k+?!
  • Sugar RushSugar Rush member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
  • aekc said:
    We're spending about $1200, no engagement photos, 8 hrs, 1 photographer -- same as you!  We're still trying to find photographers who are less expensive -- why does the internet promote the ones that are 5k+?!
    Because those are the ones that tend to have the money to buy ad space on sites like the knot? 1200 for 8 hours is crazy cheap for Chicago, imo.

We are splurging on photography as well.
    Anniversary
  • We used George Street and it was $1400 for a 12hr package and we got the rights to all of the photos. There are a fair amount of photographers around the $1500 range. Kathleen Thame is another great one...we used her for our engagement pics and loved them!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards