New York-Western
Options

Who signs my marriage license at ceremony?

edited July 2013 in New York-Western

Who signs the license? I heard it HAS to be either someone labeled as Matron of Honor or Maid of Honor. I have also heard it can't be anyone in blood relation. My sister is a bridesmaid and my fiancée's sister is my Maid of Honor, even though she doesn't seem up to the task of doing anything. I have another bridesmaid who's a cousin and a junior who's another one of his sisters. Do I need to find someone else to sign? And do they have to be part of the party standing up front? Sorry for so many questions... it's 40 days away. Those panicking days are starting. :)

We will be marrying in Niagara County, NY

Re: Who signs my marriage license at ceremony?

• Options
    Our best man and maid of honor signed ours (along with the officiant), and my maid of honor was my sister, so the thing about the blood relation isn't true! I'm pretty sure it can be anyone present at the wedding, but it's usually the maid of honor and best man.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    32daisies32daisies member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    Ask your officiant, first and foremost.

In NYS you technically only need one witness, though most people have two. To the best of my knowledge it just has to be a person who is present at the ceremony, and preferably over 18 years of age.

Edited for typos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards