Wedding Woes
Options

Since it's slow, sad story

My Freethinkers group is on Meetup.  We had a Game Day on Saturday.

A new member had joined and RSVP'd for the Game Day, R.  I always welcome new people to the group, invite them to the meetings, etc.  I saw his profile and realized he'd been to a few other events with his wife (I had enjoyed them both, we had a lot in common as a couple.  I had been FB friends with her to get her into the FB group, but unfriended her after that, b/c I didn't feel I knew them well enough). 

Now his profile was saying he was a single male.  I [headtiled] at that, b/c they hadn't been married for very long.  So of course, I start snooping b/c I didn't want to stick my foot in my mouth.  I couldn't imagine them divorcing, so I was fearing the worst.  And I was right.

She had passed away.  Her last post on FB was Feb 2 about having to go to the ER and discovering she needed her gallbladder removed.  He posted on Feb 19 that she had passed away from leukemia that struck w/out warning and moved aggressively.  She went so quickly, the doctors didn't even know what sort of leukemia it was.  I don't think they had even been married a year.  He was pretty fresh out of professional school when we met, so I doubt either one of them was much older than 26-28.

I didn't say anything at the meetup.  I figured if he wanted to say anything, he would.  He's not wearing his wedding ring anymore either.  I was glad he came out at all.  I just felt a lot of compassion for him.

Re: Since it's slow, sad story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards