Rhode Island
Options

Indoor location for pictures in case of rain

Hi ladies!!
My wedding is in 41 days and I can't believe it! You all have been so helpful throughout my wedding planning and i can't thank you all enough!

Lately I've been thinking about rain. At first I managed to convince myself it wouldn't rain, not sure how, but now I'm realizing I should probably have a backup plan. The ceremony will be at Saint Mary's Church in Bristol and the reception at OceanCliff. Do  any of you know any indoor locations between those two places for indoor pictures? If it's just drizzling I'm still up for outdoor pictures, but if it pours I need to be prepared. TIA!!!

Re: Indoor location for pictures in case of rain

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your photographer know of any cool locations?  Typically, photographers have indoor places they have used before and will be able to send you their pictures.  They should also be able to tell you about permits and site rental fees. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind travelling up to Providence the State House is beautiful inside.  It's all marble inside with some beautiful architecture.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should check with Linden place in Bristol. If they don't have a wedding going on they have some nice places inside to take pics.
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had to offer any advice...i'd say it would be to have a rain plan. No one wants to think about rain, but this was the #1 thing that stressed me out the week of my wedding.

We wanted to have a tented newport wedding and the more I thought about it, the more i thought i'd be devastated if it rained.

the week of my wedding, rain was in the forecast and we scrambled to come up with a plan. luckily, the rain held off, but having a rain plan would have eased my anxiety sooooo much

we got married in Providence, our rain plan, was to goto the Renaissance Hotel and Temple restaurant, which we actually still did

You could maybe check out some hotels in newport--the Viking, the Chanler?

Some of my favorite wedding pics were in the lobbies of different Prov. hotels
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards