Registry and Gift Forum

Gift Ideas for Mother/Father of the Bride? :)

Good morning ladies!

Does anyone have a couple of nice ideas for sentimental gifts for the Mother & Father of the bride? Or is there anything that's sort of standard as far as gifts go? I'm kinda stuck with what to purchase! A variety of ideas would be great! 

Thanks!

*J

Re: Gift Ideas for Mother/Father of the Bride? :)

• itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    JMalettas said:

Good morning ladies!

Does anyone have a couple of nice ideas for sentimental gifts for the Mother & Father of the bride? Or is there anything that's sort of standard as far as gifts go? I'm kinda stuck with what to purchase! A variety of ideas would be great! 

Thanks!

*J

Parents' gifts are actually phasing out a bit.

A heartfelt note is always a good thing (we sent these to our parents' homes the week before the wedding).

I've noticed a trend towards "experience gifts" like a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast, or the couple will purchase a very nice album of wedding photos for their parents after the wedding.

Our parents do not need any more "stuff", so we opted for gifting them the wedding album.

• We're also getting our parents an album after the wedding.  

We did find Lenox 8x10 frames on a great sale a few months ago and picked one up for both sets of parents.  We put a picture from the engagement party of us with each set of parents in the frames.  We're planning to give our parents the frames at the rehearsal dinner and make the albums after we get the wedding pictures back from our photographer.
  • We got each set of parents a gift certificate to one of their favorite restaurants. They don't need more stuff, but I wanted to get something to say thank you. 
  • jdblnnjdblnn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I plan on buying my mom (the MOB) a piece of jewelry to wear for the wedding.  In addition, we will be gifting her an album after the wedding.  
  • JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
     Thanks ladies! I love the idea of making albums of the wedding for them! I think this is the route we're going to go! I agree it's difficult when you know they don't need, or likely want more 'stuff.' I think the albums are a perfect idea! (Plus it'll give me something to do post wedding). ;) 

Thanks again!! This helped a lot!! 

*J
  • We're doing the wedding albums for both sides of the family. It's something they will cherish a lot more than some random gift.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I wrote my parents a nice note on the wedding day and gave them a small gift-- I got my mom a "queen" wine glass that she loved with her favorite champagne and a small photo album she could carry in her purse to show wedding pictures (she had mentioned wanting that).  I had written her note in a book called Mothers and Daughters.

Wedding day I gave my dad a nice card paired with some golf items that said father/daughter sayings on them (ball markers, tees, golf balls, etc).  After the wedding I got him a frame personalized with the words of our our father/daughter song that framed 2 wedding pictures of us-- He loved it.

I also am in process of making them a nice digital album with their favorite wedding pictures. 

Anniversary
  • I'm going to do a photo album for my mom, and I'm going to order a handkerchief off of etsy for my dad that is embroidered. I really want to do the same for my flower girl, but we'll see what is in the budget. :)
  • I got my mom an embroidered handkerchief and my dad some Mario cufflinks.  They'll also get wedding pictures afterwards.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards