Luxury Weddings

Groomsmen Gifts

So spinning off the bridesmaid gifts thread... I got my girls Tiffany's necklaces $150ish each. I want to get the guys something in a similar price range.

Here's the problem. One doesn't drink. The others don't drink scotch (I was thinking about getting the two drinkers a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, but that was nixed). None of them are "beer" guys. None would appreciate cufflinks, money clips, or tie pins.

So what the heck do I get them? What did you get your guys? I want all ideas!!

Re: Groomsmen Gifts

• So spinning off the bridesmaid gifts thread... I got my girls Tiffany's necklaces $150ish each. I want to get the guys something in a similar price range.

Here's the problem. One doesn't drink. The others don't drink scotch (I was thinking about getting the two drinkers a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue, but that was nixed). None of them are "beer" guys. None would appreciate cufflinks, money clips, or tie pins.

So what the heck do I get them? What did you get your guys? I want all ideas!!
    You don't have to get everyone the same thing. I think if two of them would appreciate a bottle of Johnny then why not? Pick what they would like or enjoy. They don't have to be the same.
  • KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's my fiance's problem! His groomsmen...his responsibility! LOL
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm with @drexelkathy His attendants, his responsibility!  Haha.

If your FI is totally stumped, some ideas for the nondrinkers

Tickets to a sporting event or concert
    Cufflinks if one of the guys wears them
    Round of golf
    Grilling gadgets
    Money clip
    Swiss Army Knife

Honestly, we can't really give you good answers since we don't know the guys.  Just remember you don't have to get everyone the same thing.  Shop like you were shopping for their birthdays-just get something you think each guy would like.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • They're not my FI's groomsmen... long story but he didn't want them. So its my best friend (my man of honor), his brother in law, and my brother. So, it's my responsibility to figure out the gifts...
  • Ah from the title I assumed they were standing on his side.  What are their interests/hobbies?  How do they spend their free time?

Sports nut?
    Get tickets to a game or a signed jersey of a favorite player

Bookworm?
    Maybe find a first edition of a favorite book

For the drinkers not into scotch
    Wine of the month or a bottle of their favorite bottle of choice

Outdoorsy?
    New camping gear

Music fans?
    Concert tickets

Like I said in my previous post, shop like it's their birthday.  If you give us more background on the guys, we might be able to give you better ideas.
  • I agree on shopping like it's their birthday and giving it the personal touch, one other touch that we wanted to consider is to make it something memorable instead of something they would use (drink) and throw out. here is what we are doing, maybe it will spark some inspiration...

Best Man- business guy but hates cufflinks, doesn't drink, VERY picky about ties. he runs marathons so we are getting him a top of the line runners watch

Bridesman- into fashion and drinking...got him a patterned scarf from barney's and made a lamp out of an empty bottle of grey goose...here's instructions if it helps http://designsbystudioc.com/how-to-make-a-lamp-with-a-liquor-bottle-for-the-man-cave/

Groomsmen- 
    one is a chef so we got him a personalized cutting board and a monogram steak brander; 
    another is a little more sophisticated and likes a nice whiskey or scotch so we got him an engraved glass liquor decanter; 
    the third LOVES to take lowball shots (i.e. jager bomb, O-Bomb, irish car bomb) so we got him an engraved glass lowball set
  • One of them I pretty much know what to get (my man of honor) but for the other two I'm lost...

Both have new newborns (one is a first time dad, one has a 2.5 year old as well). One works from home and is the tech world, and the other is an executive also in the tech/computer world, but he travels quite a bit. Both are kind of geeks. One is early 30's the other is later 30s.

Would it be weird for me to ask for opinions from their wives (both of whom are also in the wedding)?
  • Hmmm maybe a new gadget if they're tech people?  Or depending on what makes them geeky, something that fits that geeky interest?  For the traveler, maybe a nice travel accessory that he probably wouldn't splurge on for himself.

I think it'd be fine to ask their wives if they have any gift ideas.
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    We got all 12 of our GMs Rayban Aviator sunglasses. It was a huge hit. Over a year later I still see the guys wearing them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm late to the party but FWIW, FI got his groomemen Invicta watches with navy blue faces (navy a wedding color). Most guys appreciate a nice watch. If not their style, other ladies here had good ideas.
    *********************************************************************************

• Great thread.  My FI has been in a ton of weddings this past year.  Here are some of the gifts he got:
    -Nike ID shoes- those customizable gym shoes, all of the groomsmen changed into them during the reception..was pretty cute
    -At most of them he was gifted a nice tie that the groomsmen wore with their tuxes that day- he's worn them several times since.
    -Some sort of pretty silver contraption engraved with his initials that was a combo cigar cutter, golf ball marker, and divot repair (for golfing).  Like this, but was prettier: http://www.etsy.com/listing/79474723/5-in-1-cigar-cutter-with-divot-repair
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards