November 2013 Weddings

Anyone else getting married the first weekend in November? How are your plans coming? Is anyone nervous about the weather?

Re: 11.02.13

• I'm trying not to worry too much about things beyond my control (like the weather haha)... Where is your wedding? We are the second Saturday. Hoping for a sunny day in the 70s :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I'm getting married the 2nd also. Everything is coming along well and the only thing I'm nervous about is whether my dress will be in before my trip home in August.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are getting married in Kansas things are going along pretty well it seems like this month has gotten a lot busier with planning! Getting excited
  • I'm worried about the weather. We are the 3rd and last year we had Sandy in Jersey the same weekend.
  • Meccaqt, the past two years on our wedding date, western Massachusetts had a heavy ice/snow storm that knocked power out for a week and then sandy. I'm not letting the past few years of bad weather affect my decision for this year or stress me out- I can't fix it if its bad anyway, so I'm focusing my energy on making sure everything else is done!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Same date!  Not too concerned.  11/2 is pretty early in the month and the only thing I can see happening is rain.  If that happens, still no biggie b/c everything is indoors (for that reason).  So unless it's a catastrophe, I'm not terribly concerned.

I'll be a little bummed though. We have some fun outdoor location ideas for pictures.

• That's what I keep saying 11/2 is early so hopefully! Fingers crossed
  • Hi fellow 11/2/13 brides :) 

I'm trying not to think about the weather, who knows with SE PA. Sandy last year, snow the year before that. I'm really hoping that it's moderately temperate, the windows surrounding our reception room open ( I just learned this) so I'd like to have them maybe just opened a little for fresh air. But if not, I'll probably never even remember!

Things are really starting to pick up :) I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else does as we get closer!
  • SlytherinRN (first, I love the username!) here's to hoping for awesome weather!
  • I have faith that the northeast will have a wonderful early November this year!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LeciaBLeciaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @button6004 can we sprinkle some of that good weather dust in the south...(the tail end of huuricane season)

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • I'm getting married 11/2 too! I'm getting married south west of Chicago. I just hope the leaves are still full of color. Either way it will look beautiful. My reception hall is in the middle of the woods right by merging rivers. Thankfully it did not flood with all flooding that occurred this past spring.
    Who knows what the weather will be. It's out of my control but just hope it will be nice :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am not too concerned. St. Louis weather can be all over the place, but the last two years it was still in the 70's and high 60's in early November. Besides, I would rather have it snow on my wedding day than be getting married in a St. Louis summer when it is 100 degrees out and sweating my makeup off because of the horrible humidity. 
  • We are getting married Nov 2nd in IL. About an hour east of the Quad Cities. In IL the weather could be anything in November. It could be 90 degrees or 30 degrees. It could be raining or snowing. Who knows. I'm not worried about the weather yet. I got alot of other things to worry about like finishing making my invitations. When is everyone sending their invites out? Is Sept 1st too early?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WonderRedWonderRed member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    Same date and we're doing an outside ceremony unless it's just unthinkably cold.  The average high here on that day is 61 degrees though and November is one of our driest, sunniest months so odds are we'll be ok, even though you never know in Colorado. Plus, our ceremony is at 3 pm, which is the warmest time of the day.   Our theme is southwestern-rustic and we're going to make Indian blankets available to guests who might want them, if the weather is too cool.  We also have the option of doing it in the courtyard of our venue, where they have a big campfire pit, and seating our guests on the benches around it.  If it's just down right too cold we'll do it inside in the room where our reception will take place.

All that's out of our control though so whatever happens happens. We'll make the final call a few days before once we know what the forecast is.

We're planning on sending our invites out on September 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards