Wedding Woes
Options

So, while I was on vacation, a new employee started

she got thrown to the wolves--as in, I trained her, gave her the best instructions I could on the basic expectations (rules, rules to enforce, polite and professional while still assertive--most important thing is to be 'polite' while assertive--which can be a hard line to walk) and sat with her for like 1.5 days and then left for 1.5 weeks (I thought she'd probably be OK though--she's not the 19 year old kid we usually hire, she's a bit mroe experienced and that comes w/ some authority)

So...the first day she was on her own, my boss witnessed this:
New girl came into work and the 'desk phone' had some random dude using it (not allowed--that's one of those rules I told her to enforce).  New girl told him he'd need to finish his call, people aren't generally allowed to use that phone.  Dude hand waved/shushed her and talked louder.  Boss steps in and tries to talk to dude--same reaction.  Boss punts back to new girl, who waits for a few (long enough for a reasonable person to finish the 'emergency' they're calling for and tells the guy if he doesn't finish she'll hang up for him.  Dude got all "well, I GUESS  I'll have to go now, these rude people are breathing down my neck and blah blah"...and he never got to finish his sentence because Newgirl put her finger on the button that hangs up the phone and just stood there, holding out her hand for the receiver.

Guy got all flustered and told her off and handed it back.  

Boss says we can keep her. :-D

Re: So, while I was on vacation, a new employee started

• Options
    GBCK said:
    she got thrown to the wolves--as in, I trained her, gave her the best instructions I could on the basic expectations (rules, rules to enforce, polite and professional while still assertive--most important thing is to be 'polite' while assertive--which can be a hard line to walk) and sat with her for like 1.5 days and then left for 1.5 weeks (I thought she'd probably be OK though--she's not the 19 year old kid we usually hire, she's a bit mroe experienced and that comes w/ some authority)

So...the first day she was on her own, my boss witnessed this:
    New girl came into work and the 'desk phone' had some random dude using it (not allowed--that's one of those rules I told her to enforce).  New girl told him he'd need to finish his call, people aren't generally allowed to use that phone.  Dude hand waved/shushed her and talked louder.  Boss steps in and tries to talk to dude--same reaction.  Boss punts back to new girl, who waits for a few (long enough for a reasonable person to finish the 'emergency' they're calling for and tells the guy if he doesn't finish she'll hang up for him.  Dude got all "well, I GUESS  I'll have to go now, these rude people are breathing down my neck and blah blah"...and he never got to finish his sentence because Newgirl put her finger on the button that hangs up the phone and just stood there, holding out her hand for the receiver.

Guy got all flustered and told her off and handed it back.  

Boss says we can keep her. :-D
    That would be awesome to witness. I hate when people do that.
  • Options
    Nice! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    That's deserving of some love... Go her!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards