Pre-wedding Parties

Bowling Rehearsal Dinner

My fiancé and I are on a tight budget as I am currently a student, and we thought a fun and inexpensive way to host a rehearsal dinner would be to have it at a local bowling alley. We plan on paying for the games, shoe rentals, catering, and drinks. My question is in regards to the drinks. We are planning on ordering pitchers of beer and coolers, but the bowling alley has a full bar. We do not want people to feel limited to those items, so we were thinking about opening up a tab at the bar. That way, whenever someone from our group orders a drink, we can just be charged the cost. I was just wondering if that sounds okay, and what would be the best way to let everyone know drinks at the bar are on us. Thanks :)

Re: Bowling Rehearsal Dinner

• I think your idea sounds fun, but I worry that if your group aren't the only ones there, others might be able to take advantage. Perhaps you can give everyone a bracelet. As for letting them know it's on you. I think you can send out an invitation and list what will be provided. Enjoy!
  • I think it sounds great, but I do NOT think it sounds inexpensive!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think this sounds like a lot of fun! However, by the end of the night you might rack up the same cost of a sit-down catered meal. Do some comparison shopping and see what you come up with.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Around here, the bars in bowling alleys are separate from the area where you bowl. If you're providing pitchers of beer, soda and coolers at your table, it's not necessary to pick up the tab at the bar. But still, I don't see how paying for bowling, shoe rentals, food and limited bar is going to be inexpensive.

• Around here, the bars in bowling alleys are separate from the area where you bowl. If you're providing pitchers of beer, soda and coolers at your table, it's not necessary to pick up the tab at the bar. But still, I don't see how paying for bowling, shoe rentals, food and limited bar is going to be inexpensive.
    I agree with all of this.  I attended a friend's rehearsal dinner at a bowling alley, and they provided a full bar.  I know that they spent over $1000.  This will of course vary based on your area and the number of people invited, but I'm just throwing out some perspective.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards