Chit Chat

Abuse?

Ooooo! I got my first Abuse. But, when I click on the Abuse point, I do not see the source. Is this unusual? Someone once posted that if you Flag and then unFlag, the Flag goes away but the point remains with you. Is this what could have happened?

Re: Abuse?

• Ooooo! I got my first Abuse. But, when I click on the Abuse point, I do not see the source. Is this unusual? Someone once posted that if you Flag and then unFlag, the Flag goes away but the point remains with you. Is this what could have happened?
    We normally don't get to see it
  • Thanks. I thought I could see the Flag post, but just not the poster who did the flagging.
  • Flagged posts can be viewed in your profile only when they have not been reviewed in our system yet. Which is why when it was broken, there was a huge backlog of flags on everyone's profile.

If you have a point, but can't see the post that means that it was reviewed and against our TOS.
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2013
  • Sorry, I've only gotten like 3 flags and it was from that girl who called us all c- - - waffles, and when I looked I couldn't see anything, which makes sense since KP said there was a back log.
  • Flagged posts can be viewed in your profile only when they have not been reviewed in our system yet. Which is why when it was broken, there was a huge backlog of flags on everyone's profile.

If you have a point, but can't see the post that means that it was reviewed and against our TOS.
    Can I ask why we can't review those posts?  It might be helpful to keep users on the straight and narrow if we can get an idea of how the line has been crossed.

ETA: It might also be helpful in deciding who to avoid.  For example if someone is throwing out racial slurs I probably don't want to interact with them at all.  I could easily tell if I could click on their abuse points and see that's why they have been flagged.
    Ditto this.  It seems like the user should be able to see the post that was against the TOS.  Or at least have you guys PM them telling them which post it is and why.  Otherwise, it seems kind of pointless and very unfair.  You guys decide something is worthy of an abuse point, but then it's your little secret what that post was?

Don't get me wrong, I don't care about US being able to see it, but the user should know what is what with their account.
    Yeah, I don't quite get that.  @KnotPorscha - If the point stays with us, shouldn't we be allowed to see the post that you deemed a violation of the TOS?
  • OMFG definitely not flag-worthy.  If @KnotPorscha is letting it stand she needs to explain why.  If not it needs to be cleared.  Porscha can you explain?

No explanation. I PM'd her and asked her to explain what I did. Their lack of simple logic has me dumbfounded.
  • Harry87 said:
    Best part, for me was that I was being vague about someone not even on the knot. I was talking about a Bee bride, and I got flagged by a knottie who then went and alerted the Bee bride who THEN became a knottie to stir up drama.
    So was the troll banned as well?  Because the bold up there?  That's the definition of trolling.

Only one of the instigators from that thread appears to have been banned.  The newb who went to alert said troll is still here.
  • What the fuck?
  • Oh my god what the actual fuck? They banned people without a warning? Did Stage and Linger even get the 5 warning curtesy??
  • edited August 2013
  • MajideMajide member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment

:( They always seemed to have great advice on here!  I don't understand the bannings.  What the heck?!

I know I am mostly a lurker, but I appreciated their posts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards