Knottie Tech Help

TK Membership Help Resources

edited June 2013 in Knottie Tech Help
Hey everyone! Thank you for all of your suggestions on how we can better communicate. I will use this board to share links that can help with common user questions and will update it frequently.

TK Help Center
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center.aspx

TK Membership Help
(also located under TK Help Center)
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/theknot-membership-help.aspx

TK Wedding Website Help
Please email IT at feedback@theknot.com or call Customer Service Mon-Thurs 6am-7pm PST and Fri 6am - 6pm PST at 877-335-5252.

TK FAQ
http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/theknot-membership-help/articles/frequently-asked-questions.aspx

Visual Guide to Siggy tickers: Images and Troubleshooting - stickied in Knottie Help (thanks to @tarradesign)
http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/979267/signature-tickers-and-photos-a-visual-guide-and-troubleshooting

Flagging System

All members have the ability to anonymously report posts that come directly to our attention. The Knot team reviews flagged posts within a 24-48 hour period and will decide to either leave the post as is or remove it based on our TOS guidelines. Abuse points are nothing more than a guide for us to determine if a member is consistently violating our rules. If a post is wrongly flagged, the abuse points will be removed when we moderate the post as 'okay' in our system. Those that abuse the privilege to flag will be dealt with individually.

Ways to report Abuse/Spam: Flag as abuse/spam, @tag us in the thread, or PM us the thread with subject SPAM or ABUSE,

Posts that should be reported are:

Spam- Any posts advertising services

Harassment- If you feel a user is harassing a member to an extreme level.

Online Vandalism- Posts designed to raise a user’s post count.

Personal Information- Any post where a person’s personal information is being given without their consent. This includes name, telephone number, address, email address, work information, etc.

Impersonating Other Members/Knot Employees- Any username designed to be a copy of another user’s name or Knot Employee.

In addition to flagged posts, we will continue to address any violations of our Community Rules, located here: http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-tools-help-center/the-knot-about-us/articles/knot-community-rules.aspx

Re: TK Membership Help Resources

• Can you revise on the flagging to let us know how flags are treated once you receive them and how abuse points reflect the user? What if we were wrongly flagged, what happens to those abuse points
    ?
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• @MuppetFan just revised to answer you questions about flagging. thanks!

@tarradesign If you could upload your guide here, that would be beyond helpful! I will make it annoucement when you get around to it. Thanks!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2013
    How will you be determining if a someone's posts are just to raise their post count?  That seems kind of hard to prove. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @AddieL73 Users can flag any posts that look like they were meant to only raise a post count. We will review the account and message the user.
  • @KnotPorscha, I'm curious as to what kind of posts these are.  I've done a post every now and again on NEY where I ask other posters/lurkers/whoever to ask me a bunch of questions because I'm super close to the next badge and I want my new sticker.  Are those posts now against TOS, or are you looking for something else?
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • No... Posts that are clearly for upping posts -- such as one word posts, posting on OLD OLD OLD threads, etc. will be questioned
  • Thanks Jackie.  You can see how there could be confusion there :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Absolutely!
  • You really seem like you're setting yourself up for more flags to go through.
  • I don't feel like this happens a whole lot. I gotta look up lavendarhoneybee now

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Sometimes less is more.  A well places "Yes" or "No" can speak volumes.  As long as there's no auto-flag or something for one word posts, then cool!
  • I have followed all of the directions on the membership help page to delete my membership several times over the last year and a half. I am still a member. What else do I need to do?
  • @SBJB sending you a PM. I should be able to help you, thanks!
  • Thank you, I saw your private message and I appreciate the help and apologize because I know this probably isn't your fault, but I want to let you know how upset I am with the knot. In January 2011, I was engaged and joined the knot. In November 2011, we broke up, and on January1, 2012 I followed the very clear directions on the help page and sent an email stating I wanted to delete my membership. These directions also state that this would be taken care of within 72 hours. I waited. After ten days, I could still log in. I thought maybe my email had gotten hung up somewhere or sent to spam, so I tried again. And again. And again. And again. There were a total of six emails. I also made a phone call, which got me nowhere. I was told I had to email. Exasperated, I gave up. I unsubscribed from the emails, so I would not get the reminders of how many days there were until my "wedding." The emails stopped in June 2012, and I was content. Until this past Saturday, July 6, 2013 when I received an email from the knot wishing me a happy first anniversary. I had come a long way since November 2011, and probably wouldn't have even given the day a thought until I saw that email. It was not the way I wanted to start my day and weekend, and it made me realize how frustrated I really am. My decision to delete my membership had nothing to do with my unhappiness with the knot. It was and is a great tool for brides. But it had everything to do with wanting to erase this awful period of my life and start fresh. I find it atrocious that after six emails (seven counting the one I sent on Saturday) over a year and a half I am still able to log in as is obvious by this post. If it is not your intention to honor these requests within 72 hours, why does it state that on your website? If it had just said "you cannot delete your membership," I would have walked away.

And then, I am asked what email address I want removed. Why did I have to send this information this many times? It should not be. I even turned to google for answers and found so many other boards where brides have said they have done the same thing and nothing was done. It's not right.

I will PM you my email as that is obviously the one way this will be taken care of, but I appreciate it if it's done immediately. I think I've waited long enough, and I will not consider using the knot in the future.

Thank you.

• @SBJB I will take care of this immediately once I receive your PM. Thanks so much! KP
  • I appreciate it, but that still doesn't answer my question of why it hasn't been done already.
  • @SBJB Hi there! I will need to follow up with our customer service team to see why there was a delay in deleting your account. I'm happy to speak with you offline via email so that we can promptly remove your account while looking into the delay.
  • That would be much appreciated.
  • @fyrefly76 YGPM.

For any account deletions, please PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards