Chit Chat
Options

BM Dresses

So after my mishap with the scam bm dress site i began looking for others that are more reputable. After reading some posts i looked into jenjenhouse. (The reason i am going online instead of an actual store is because each of my bm's are picking out their own dress, just in the color and fabric i choose) Well i liked the dresses i saw on jenjenhouse and sent them the link. 3/4 liked the dresses and had no problems.

My 17 year old sister however had a BIG problem. She did not like the selection and wanted more choices. She gave me another site she wanted to order her dress from. However this one is quite a bit more expensive and i know my other bm's wouldnt be able to swing it very easily.

Do i change where to order the dresses from and possibly help out my other bm's out or tell my sister we are going with jenjenhouse

Re: BM Dresses

• Options
    snoopycac said:
    So after my mishap with the scam bm dress site i began looking for others that are more reputable. After reading some posts i looked into jenjenhouse. (The reason i am going online instead of an actual store is because each of my bm's are picking out their own dress, just in the color and fabric i choose) Well i liked the dresses i saw on jenjenhouse and sent them the link. 3/4 liked the dresses and had no problems. My 17 year old sister however had a BIG problem. She did not like the selection and wanted more choices. She gave me another site she wanted to order her dress from. However this one is quite a bit more expensive and i know my other bm's wouldnt be able to swing it very easily. Do i change where to order the dresses from and possibly help out my other bm's out or tell my sister we are going with jenjenhouse

You're about to have another mishap with a scam site. Jenjenhouse is a knock-off site.

Why don't you find a real location that carries dresses within the budget range of ALL your bridesmaids? Have you looked into David's Bridal yet? Is your sister buying her own dress?

Or you could just give them a color and length (even fabric - like cotton blend, chiffon, etc.) and tell them to go find something that they like and is in their budget.  

• Options
    Ive checked davids bridal and they dont have my color. That was the first place i looked. I guess i am having a heck of a time finding these freaking dresses. Part of me is thinking about just forgetting thatvwhole option and picking one dress for everyone instead. At this point it seems easier.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    snoopycac said:
    Ive checked davids bridal and they dont have my color. That was the first place i looked. I guess i am having a heck of a time finding these freaking dresses. Part of me is thinking about just forgetting thatvwhole option and picking one dress for everyone instead. At this point it seems easier.

FFS, what is your color? Iredescent pink with lime green accents plus sparkles plus lace with a black and purple sash?

It really can't be that difficult. Can you post a picture of the dress(es)/color? Someone here can help you find a dress...I promise.

DO NOT buy from jenjenhouse

• Options
    PDKH is right.

One, don't order from Jenjenhouse.  I looked at a gown from there, did some googling, realized it was another chinese knock-off site.  Save your BMs the money.

And two, as she suggested, just give them the color and let them pick what makes them happy!  It's what I've done with my MOH and my BM.  And, my MOH happened to luck out and found a dress IN my color at Ross for less than $15.  I'm ecstatic for her!  A dress that she picked out, that was cheap!  And she likes it!  And didn't break the bank!

Honestly, with the multitude of sizes and shapes of women, it's hard to find ONE dress that looks good on EVERYONE'S body type. 
  • Options
    MY color is a pale ice blue. Almost like a light sky blue. The only shades of blue my davids bridal said they had were pool or malibu blue in the lighter shades of blue.
  • Options

try alfred angelo..they havea gorgeous light blue color called once upon a time..or try weddington way to GET IDEAS and then contact the mfr to order.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thats what i am going for, different dressrs for everyone just in the same color. However my mom says they should all be in the same fabric and be from the same maker because the colors could be slightly off
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member

JCrew's "Morning Sky" color sounds like what you are looking for.

Watters and Wtoo have tons of options. The colors "Light blue" or "Sky" from that line may fit the bill.

After Six, Social Bridesmaid or Dessy in Windsor Blue

• Options
    mcda04mcda04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Davids Bridal "Capri" looks sky blue to me.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses?colorName=Capri

I agree that your girls should each choose their own styles. I also agree with your mom in that they should at least be the same material; the colors look different on chiffon and satin.
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member

Also, @snoopycac, have you considered Navy dresses with a sky blue sash?

Navy would be 100000000x's easier to find, and you could pick out the exactttttt shade of ribbon you like at a craft store.

I also think Navy is a bit more classic and universally flattering.

• Options
    What are your girls' budget? That's a huge question here.
  • Options
    The budget is absolute max of 130
  • Options
    Ive now talked to my MOH and we are going to out looking at some more dresses and figure out what we should do. Thanks for all your input, im definetly going to be looking into the navy blue dresses with a light blue sash. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    snoopycac said:
    MY color is a pale ice blue. Almost like a light sky blue. The only shades of blue my davids bridal said they had were pool or malibu blue in the lighter shades of blue.
    Don't pick a designer, just tell them to get sky or ice blue dresses. Several shades of very pale blue will all look great together. Honestly, with such a light color, slightly different shades will look better than one shade. Then they can all find dresses in their budgets.

This is a super awesome idea.  That could turn out really beautiful.

Also the "Capri" color from DB that someone posted is beautiful.  Do you not like that?

• Options
    ALSO: why don't you post a picture of one of the knock off dresses? It might give people a better idea of the exact color you're looking for.
  • Options
    Im on my phone on TK. (I dont have a computer) so i tried looking at the david bridal colorsbut the resolution isnt thay great.

As for posting a picture of the dress i like, there isnt one. I was just teying to find a site where there was a decent selection in my color and letting everyone choose their own. So i havent actually been looking at the styles because personally, i dont care what they look like. Eccept for the color and the length.

Origionally i was planning on ice blue, floor length. In chiffon.
  • Options

I recommend you look at David's Bridal again. http://www.davidsbridal.com/Browse_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-All-Bridesmaid-Dresses__pageSize-all?colorName=Capri

I'd also call up a few local salons that carry designers such as Mori Lee, Alfred Angelo, or a couple of the Dessy Group lines (I think After Six is supposed to be their most affordable line) and tell them what you are looking for.

I'll warn you though $130 for full length chiffon might not be easy to find.

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member

Oooh yeah. $130 for a floor length dress is hard enough. Not to mention in a specific fabric.

Unless you're willing to "pay the difference" for the bridesmaids (if the dress is $250, you pay half, etc) I think you need to compromise.

I've worn some of the cheaper "chiffon" dresses from David's and they are super uncomfortable.

• Options
    PearlsPlace.com (A real brick and mortar store that happens to sell dresses online as well)
    We ordered Bill Levkoff 676 in "glacier" (more aqua that light blue, but still, it's a pretty light blue.) They were $127- full length chiffon. 

Real Bill Levkoff dresses have arrived (not knock offs)

Hope that helps!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards