Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Chapel Length Train?

Hi everyone,

I just bought my dress on Saturday and it has a Chapel length train (although I don't remember it being that long on me on the store).  I am wondering if anyone has this length of train and did you bustle it?  I am worried the alterations would cost a fortune.  We are having a small intimate wedding with no dancing so I am wondering if I could get away without the bustle. 

Any thoughts?

Re: Chapel Length Train?

• Options
    Chapel length trains are pretty common (are you thinking cathedral?). And doing a bustle is just as common. Visit a good seamstress and ask her to show you options for bustling. A basic bustle shouldn't be too costly.
  • Options
    Thanks - yep I double checked it is a chapel length.   I will look around. 
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I had a chapel length train and my bustle was not expensive. The length doesn't make a difference as much as the complexity of the bustle. If you're getting a simple one- or three-point, it's not going to be super pricy regardless of the length being bustled.

ETA: And you do not want to be wandering around with no bustle. Your train will get filthy and stepped on and it will be a nightmare. Mine was not bustled during my bridal portraits and it was a pain to carry around so I could repeatedly stand on a white sheet to keep it clean.
  • Options
    I agree with what everyone else is saying, definitely look into the cost of a bustle.  Mine's cathedral length, and I'm planning on having a "ballroom" bustle done, and it's going to cost me like $95 or something like that (I can't remember for sure now.  >.<; ) but they told me if I'd gone with a different one, it would've been closer to the $35-$50 range.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm either chopping the train off or doing an English bustle. The train is long, it will get stepped on.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Quality custom work is never ever 'cheap,' and @88julie is clearly a spammer for that knockoff site.
  • Options
    Bustles are so worth it, they make getting around much easier. I did a ballroom bustle also which is more expensive but for my dress I felt it was worth it because it showed more of the beautiful detail of the dress off then a regular bustle. I know it's another expense, but have your seamstress show you different bustles while you are wearing your dress and go with the one that compliments your dress the best.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I have my first fitting in November so I will discuss my options then
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards