New Jersey

Venue Recommendations

Hello everyone! My fiance and I just started visiting venues for our 2014 wedding. I'd like late September/October but understand it's the busiest time of year for weddings and would consider late August or early November if it helps the price. We'd also consider a Friday night as opposed to a Saturday. We're trying to stay within a budget of $150 (inclusive) for 200 guests. So far, we're been looking in the Bridgewater & Morristown areas (we live in the western part of the state and are trying to stay within an hour's drive). It seems like most places I've talked to are more in the $200 - $250 range. Can anyone recommend a venue that would work with us on the $150 budget? 

Re: Venue Recommendations

• GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    There's a lot of places that charge less less than that. Try Bridgewater Manor not sure of exact pricing but they offer good deals that made me interested. I'm looking to spend a lot less than that.
  • Bridgewater Manor gave us great rates for our April 2014 wedding, for a Friday night.  We went somewhere else because it was a bit too far of a drive for most of our guests.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are located in the same area with similar criteria. The places we ended up looking at were:
    -Perona Farms
    -Morris Museum
    -Madison Hotel
    -David's Country Inn
    -Crossed Keys Inn (was out of budget)
    -Montclair Art Musuem
    -Lake Valhalla Club

And we ended up booking at the Lake Mohawk Country Club, wedding is in September. 

I think you'll find that most of these are below your budget. The Morris Museum likely can't accommodate 200 people but I think the rest can. 

Best of luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Perona Farms might be a little far for you, but I would definitely look into it at least because it sounds like what you're looking for. I also recommend the Madison Hotel, Park Savoy possibly or Park Avenue Club. Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • We had ours at Farmstead Golf and Country Club (Lafayette), and they were great, and well within your budget.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Thanks everyone! We did visit Bridgewater Manor. They seem like an incredible value and the prices are really hard to beat.

Does Madison Hotel have a regular ballroom in addition to the Conservatory? If so, do they hold 2 weddings at a time? 
  • @julielynn25 They do have a regular ballroom in addition to the Conservatory. I don't know for sure how many weddings they hold at one time however. I've known people who looked into having their wedding there but I can't remember how many they said the Madison Hotel held at once.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Not sure if Berkeley Heights is too out of range for you, but it is absolutely beautiful (and includes uplighting!), extremely affordable (I am to be wed there March 2014 on a Sunday for $70/pp) and you get SO much for your money.  My wedding is large enough (200) where I would have exclusive access to the entire building so no other events will be going on.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013

Thanks everyone! We did visit Bridgewater Manor. They seem like an incredible value and the prices are really hard to beat.

Does Madison Hotel have a regular ballroom in addition to the Conservatory? If so, do they hold 2 weddings at a time? 
    I went to a bridal shower at the Madison a few years ago. Besides the conservatory, they do have the room my friends shower was in. (Not sure how many people that room accommodates though). There was a lot of extra room and I thought there had to be 70-80 people and I'd say the room was only half way filled. I remember thinking the food was good.

rakkaya87 said:
    Not sure if Berkeley Heights is too out of range for you, but it is absolutely beautiful (and includes uplighting!), extremely affordable (I am to be wed there March 2014 on a Sunday for $70/pp) and you get SO much for your money.  My wedding is large enough (200) where I would have exclusive access to the entire building so no other events will be going on.  Good luck!
    What venue is this? 
  • dalm0mdalm0m member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

Yes, the Madison Hotel has a ballroom & the conservatory.  They do hold 2 weddings at a time. 

Other venues in that area within your budget include: 

Skylands at Randolph

Zeris in Mountain Lakes

the Meadowood Manor in Randolph

Bretton Woods in Morris Plains

The Knoll Country Club Parsippany

Flanders Valley Golf Club

The Imperia on Easton Ave in Somerset

The Somerville Elks on Route 28 in Bridgewater (food packages start at $19.95 per person)

• If you book soon, the grand ballroom (which is currently under construction) at Biagio's in Paramus is only $99 ++ for Saturdays. Once it opens in Sept the price is going to sky rocket. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lake Valhalla Club in Montville, NJ would be in your budget.  There price is inclusive and would likely be under $150.  I know 2013 was so 2014 may be a bit higher but I can imagine it would be by much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rakkaya87rakkaya87 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
  • GB520 said:

Thanks everyone! We did visit Bridgewater Manor. They seem like an incredible value and the prices are really hard to beat.

I went to a bridal shower at the Madison a few years ago. Besides the conservatory, they do have the room my friends shower was in. (Not sure how many people that room accommodates though). There was a lot of extra room and I thought there had to be 70-80 people and I'd say the room was only half way filled. I remember thinking the food was good.

rakkaya87 said:
    Not sure if Berkeley Heights is too out of range for you, but it is absolutely beautiful (and includes uplighting!), extremely affordable (I am to be wed there March 2014 on a Sunday for $70/pp) and you get SO much for your money.  My wedding is large enough (200) where I would have exclusive access to the entire building so no other events will be going on.  Good luck!
    What venue is this? 
    The Berkeley Plaza!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Really? I didn't think it was there considering how low you said they were. We're not getting married til 2015 but maybe I will check it out. 
  • GB520 said:
    Really? I didn't think it was there considering how low you said they were. We're not getting married til 2015 but maybe I will check it out. 
    Not sure if I received Winter rates or if those are year round, but yeah they are great pricing and SO much for the money.  Saturdays (most popular) were $85 btw and Friday night 75

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are getting married at Park Avenue Club in November of this year. We got a great deal, but likely because we were booking with much less notice. We had very similar criteria and had the followiong on our list:

- Park Avenue Club
    - Bernards Inn (second choice)
    - Madison Hotel (decided against it because of the two different weddings at once factor and because the guy we met with was pretty unimpressive)
    - Old Mill Inn (less expensive)
    - Crystal Springs (they have 2 or 3 venues that would work in your price range)

We are incredibly pleased with the Park Avenue Club!
  • Thanks everyone! We have visited Park Avenue Club and Bridgewater Manor so far. Next week, we're hoping to see The Clubhouse at Galloping Hills, Berkeley Plaza and Madison Hotel. We also might try Brooklake Country Club - although they might be a bit over our budget. Thursday will be one month since our engagement and I can't wait to finish this first big step and get a date set. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards