Outdoor Weddings

Best bridal magazine to give me ideas for our laid-back, outdoor wedding?

My younger sisters' gift to me for my birthday was a one year subscription to any bridal magazine of my choice. I think we're going to be getting married almost exactly a year from now (plus perhaps a week or two) so I want to decide on one soon so I can tell them which one I want and get the most out of the subscription. Any ideas?

I'd prefer something to give me practical, lower-cost, fun ideas, not the kind of magazine whose articles even are really just ads in disguise, pushing the agendas of the wedding industry to get you to "buy buy buy!" and "be a princess!" I don't plan to DIY everything, but I also know I don't want a bunch of extraneous things there we don't even need... I have nothing against luxury weddings, but it just wouldn't be a good fit for us! Thanks!

Re: Best bridal magazine to give me ideas for our laid-back, outdoor wedding?

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Honestly, I would save the money.  You can find everything you need and want on many bridal, DIY, Pinterest websites,  or simply by googling.

Once you know your colors and any type of personal elements you want to incorporate, the rest is really easy.  You simply start an inspiration board and work from there.
  • I agree with PP - my mother brings me home bridal magazines from work every so often and really they are almost always the same just a different cover or feature article.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Maybe subscribe to a magazine that relates to your wedding? Like fitness magazines like Oxygen or Clean Eating (obviously not saying you need to get in shape, just an example).

Anniversary

• mobkaz said:
    Honestly, I would save the money.  You can find everything you need and want on many bridal, DIY, Pinterest websites,  or simply by googling.

I agree with PP - my mother brings me home bridal magazines from work every so often and really they are almost always the same just a different cover or feature article.

I agree with both of you, but this is my sisters' gift to me. They didn't hand me a check or cash - they gave me a few bridal magazines and a card saying to pick out any bridal magazine I want, and let them know which one, and they will order me a 1 year subscription. I am not going to tell them "I don't want your gift, give me the money (or keep it) instead!"

Maybe subscribe to a magazine that relates to your wedding? Like fitness magazines like Oxygen or Clean Eating (obviously not saying you need to get in shape, just an example).
    Thanks for the ideas! I also have access to a couple of bridal magazines through my work for free so that would make more sense. I'll think about what else might be helpful/relevant and run it by them!
  • There are some DIY specific wedding magazines...

and Martha Stewart has a wedding specific magazine. 
     For on line resources, this one is good...
    as is Etsy, and simply googling "wedding inspiration boards" and then plugging in a specific color, "theme", or area.
    There are even Facebook sites...
  • mobkaz said:
    There are some DIY specific wedding magazines...

and Martha Stewart has a wedding specific magazine. 
     For on line resources, this one is good...
    as is Etsy, and simply googling "wedding inspiration boards" and then plugging in a specific color, "theme", or area.
    There are even Facebook sites...
    Awesome! Thank you so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards