Florida-Central Florida

Hitting a roadblock...

The fiancé and I have decided to scale back the wedding. We looked at the guest list, and we decided that it makes more sense to have the people that matter there for our big day and not worry about the friends we see once a year. We canceled the big venue and have reduced our entire guests list (including us) to less than 30. We are doing a ceremony at Washington Oaks, and need to do something after. I want to do a private dinner, but nowhere here really offers such a thing. Is a backyard wedding distasteful? One of my co workers has offered us her beautiful patio overlooking a canal for our reception, I just don't know if that's how I want to remember our day. Please help! We have a photographer for six hours, and I refuse to give them up because as far as I'm concerned, shy of being married the pictures are the most important.

Re: Hitting a roadblock...

• TinaSweeneyTinaSweeney member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    My fiance and I are getting married at Cypress Grove Park in Orlando, FL. Their cottage house is perfect for 50 people or less and you can bring in your own caterer. I'm certain you can find something similar close to your ceremony location. 

I think a backyard wedding (if you have the space) is a great idea. I wish my childhood home would have had the space, because it would have saved me so much stress doing it there! 

• That's kind of what I'm hoping for. It's so hard in this area, because there is literally nothing here. Thanks for agreeing with me - I hope this is the day I dreamed about. I guess with little details, there's always promise, right?
  • Have you looked into what options Washington Oaks has? Your venue is very similar to mine! We're even using Publix to cater our reception, which is what Washington Oaks suggests! Haha. :)

• Don't know where you are in FL but we're having a DW at Harmony Golf Preserve.  We were able to get a 3 course buffet, the ceremony and reception site with linens, full open bar for 5 hours and pretty much everything you would need for under $5000 for 25 people.

Michelle the on site coordinator is AMAZING!

Check it out :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards