Wedding Invitations & Paper

Inviting the President address clarification

Hi Everyone

Has anyone else heard of inviting the President and First Lady to our wedding? I'm told that you get a souvenier reponse card on White House Stationery that reads: "The President regrets he cannot attend..."

My question is there a certain address to send White House correspondence or is it just plain old 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

Thanks!

Re: Inviting the President address clarification

• They didn't respond to our invitation, which was for a military groom with the reception held on a base. Rude pres!

• Hi Everyone

Has anyone else heard of inviting the President and First Lady to our wedding? I'm told that you get a souvenier reponse card on White House Stationery that reads: "The President regrets he cannot attend..."

My question is there a certain address to send White House correspondence or is it just plain old 1600 Pennsylvania Ave?

Thanks!

I think there is an address, but IMO the card you get back declining the invitation just isn't worth what you do to send the President and First Lady one in the first place. 

It really just doesn't make sense to me to send them an invitation if you don't have a personal relationship with them.
  • The President and Mrs. Barack Obama
    The White House
    Greetings Office, Room 39
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
    Washington, DC 20502

• Thanks Meg2Marry Shane!

I hope it works

• edited August 2013
    I sent them one for my sister as a surprise and they got it pretty fast.  I read online that they've been swamped with requests and are behind in responding, so be patient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards