Destination Weddings Discussions

Beach wedding with just the 2 of us...recommendations ??

We are looking to have a "symbolic wedding" on the beach next year, we are not picky as far as location, Mexico/Jamaica/Dominican ...etc... I know some resorts include a " free wedding" if u honeymoon for so many nights.. Is it worth it? I guess we just want something affordable ( 2000-3500) for 5-7 nights, some place that is fun with activities/excursions but can relax too, AND clear water! Lol ..and for the wedding part I need a good affordable photographer! Thanks!!

Re: Beach wedding with just the 2 of us...recommendations ??

• We were married in Paradise Island, Bahamas.  We stayed at the Riu, which was a nice hotel.  We did what is referred to as the "free wedding package", but it costs $545 since it doesn't include the marriage license fees and such.  I think we spent about $3500 for 2 people, but we stayed 8 days.  The requirements to get married in the Bahamas are simple to meet - you must be there 24 hours to be considered a resident - no blood work required.  The water was amazing and the sand is gorgeous.  We took the water ferry to Nassau to visit.  There are other all inclusive hotels in the Bahamas - Sandals, for example, that I think offer free wedding packages as well - I am not sure of the requirements for those though.   I know that Jamaica is cheaper, but I am not familiar with requirements to get married there... I know there are other brides on here that can help you out with that.  In Mexico, you are required to do blood work before you can get married.  Check into that if you are interested in Mexico.  Good luck planning!
  • Thanks! We actually are going to "legally" be married in the states so we don't have to mess with hoopla:) thanks for your suggestion on the Bahamas!!
  • We got married in the dominican republic. Ours was civil and extra so I am no help to you there! But some resorts have wedding package info on their websites or an email contact whicn you can ask and get the info!

The dominican experience was amazing! Great beach great water. We stayed at the majestic colonial. We got a mpre expensive room but I know our guests paid 1550 per person for 7 days. Have been to Mexico and had an amazing beachand experience. In jamaica we stayed at the riu montego bay and the stay was amazing but our beach was not. The water had so much sea weed floating up from the ground we only got in once. BUT I have heard great things about other beaches there! Welcome def stick around and share all the details!!!
    Anniversary
  • Julyet06Julyet06 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2013
    I am an advocate for Sandals Resorts because I was just married at Sandals Negril.  I think it has everything you want!  Keep in mind that at Sandals you have to use their resort photographer, we used Fabian and did an amazing job!  Make sure you get the right photographer, there was one that took our pictures one day and they didn't come out so nice.  May have been a fluke, but I am glad we had Fabian, every photo he took of us was beautiful!

We traveled during a holiday so we paid a bit more than your price range, but depending on your dates of travel I think you can find a nice room at Sandals for within your budget...and if you stay 6 (or 7?) nights, the wedding is free! (Not sure if this has changed, make sure and do your research)

We were treated so well at Sandals, we had quiet when we wanted it but there were also lots of fun activities on the resort and some nightlife too!  Leroy at the excursion desk will be able to help you find fun excursions off site but you should take advantage of the FREE snorkeling and water sports they have on site as well :-)

You can also use Beach Bum Vacations (my Beach Bum was Missy) and they will take all your requirements into consideration in finding you a great resort within your price range!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks so much for the recs!! Greatly appreciated!!
  • Hi Emilee,

I am actually from Jamaica, now living in the U.S. You have many options on locations to get married that will cost you way lower than your budget. If you don't wish to spend 6 or 7 nights to get a free wedding, you can get married on a private beach on a horse (like I did), close to a waterfalls or in the gardens and it does not have to be in the hotel grounds. If interested in more info, email me at shannakaymh @ gmail.com.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards