Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Oily Skin Issues

My fiance's Best Man's wife is a professional makeup artist... I think. I know she's done modeling makeup for companies a few times. And she posts some of her at-home work (like when she gets bored and stuff) and she does good dramatic type work. 

I've asked her over facebook what I should be doing to help clear up my skin, I have oily skin and with all the stress going on I'm breaking out. She's yet to get back to me. If she wasn't my fiance's best friend's wife I'd find someone else. But she's offered to do everyone makeup for free and our budget is super tight. 

Does anyone have any products I can use to really clear up my acne and oily skin? I'm also worried about being shinny on our wedding day for photos and stuff. 

I'm looking for something affordable. I realize what works for some people may not work for me but suggestions would be helpful.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Oily Skin Issues

• I have oily skin too, tanning usually helps a LOT! It doesn't matter if its tanning outside or in a booth, it dries up my skin and makes it look so much better.
  • If you still have time then try drinking a lot of water and eating plenty of fruits and veggies. Look into different types of fruits to help you like guava. Look into daily vitamins as well.

As for masks, then try at home natural masks. I prefer to take my own black heads out with the tool.

Here are some things I do:

Oatmeal and honey (1/2 cup of oatmeal, fill it with milk just where there's oatmeal and add 1 tbsp of honey. Mix it together with a spoon and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then put it on your skin for 20 minutes). I only do this once or twice a week as the honey kind of dries my skin. You can also do it with out the honey. If you find the milk makes your skin too sensitive then just use water.

I love using Sisley's exfoliant mask (I'm not sure your budget though), but st. Ives peach scrub exfoliant (you can find at Walmart) is alright too. If you use the peach scrub then only do it once or twice a week.

Vitamin E mask. I get a vitamin E pill (the type that has this sticky liquid inside) and pop it. Then I spread it over my face. You can do this daily.

I wash my skin with natural soaps (you can get this at whole foods). Just go in and see which will work best for your skin. If you don't have one in your area then look for gentle acne cleansers.

Don't forget to moisturize.

If you're still looking for some masks, then try these:

http://beauty.about.com/od/oilyskinmaskrecipe/tp/Face-Mask-Recipes-For-Oily-And-Acne-Prone-Skin.htm

Once you have skin taken care of look for foundation primers. If you will be using your own make up then go holt renfrew (if Canadian) and they'll help you find the right make up. Some times they try it on you for you to see of give you trials. If this isn't in your budget then the bay has some products like este Lauder, clinic, etc. if you're in the states I'm sure there are stores you can go to that help you out with make up. Maybe Mac?
  • Thanks guys! I'll try some of these out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ComipaComipa member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    snoopycac said:
    I have oily skin too, tanning usually helps a LOT! It doesn't matter if its tanning outside or in a booth, it dries up my skin and makes it look so much better.
    I can't tan. I'm a redhead a burn just going to check the mail I physically lack the ability to tan :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The first thing you have to do is have a proper skincare regimen.  This includes: Cleansing, Exfoliating and Moisturizing.  You also want to cover sun protection as well, so your moisturize needs to have SPF.  SKINCARE is the base of getting control of your oily skin. Adding a oil control primer or Matte Gel is the addition when wearing makeup. The final step is always having a good setting powder for any type of foundation.

Frances Williams
    www.revealingbeaute.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards