Honeymoon Discussions

Cheap honeymoon ideas?

So my fiance's transmission just blew, and the $3,000 that we used for our honeymoon will now have to go to getting a new transmission for his car. Thankfully we have traveler's insurance and can get a full refund on everything.

Now, we are thinking of taking a smaller honeymoon within driving distance to us. We live in Maryland and wouldn't mind driving about 8hrs max one way. Does anyone know of nice destinations within the 8hr distance that we can stay a few nights at? Thanks for any ideas!

Re: Cheap honeymoon ideas?

• I also want to add that we aren't really picky on settings (beach, mountains), we just want to be able to get away somewhere nice for a few days.
  • In case you don't get many posts here you can post this on your local board. They might be more helpful.
  • Niagara Falls! We went up there for a few days 2 years ago and had a great time. We stayed at the Days Inn, which was walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. We went to a magic show and bought a pass to a bunch of attractions at the falls. It isn't the type of place you'd want to spend a week, but it's fun for a few days. We also stopped at the PA "grand canyon"  on the way home for some great hiking, and spent a night there as well.

Or, you could go to New England if you're getting married in the fall; New Hampshire and Vermont are great for leaves.

For the beach, I'd suggest the Outer Banks in North Carolina.

Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out livingsocial or groupon.  They have good deals all the time. 
  • Not sure what time of year you are getting married but what about going to St. Michaels for a few nights and staying in a cute B&B?

• NYC, Boston, Nashville, Washington DC, any local spas,
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH & I love Boston and DC...but we take the Amtrak and then buy Metro passes for while we are there versus the expense of parking a car.

• Thanks everyone! These are great ideas. We may look into OBX, as we love it there, or New England, since neither of us have been north of PA.
  • Cape Cod, MA or Wildwood, NJ have always been a few of my favorite getaway spots. 
  • melbelleupmelbelleup member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited May 2014
    lizzzbeee said:
    Thanks everyone! These are great ideas. We may look into OBX, as we love it there, or New England, since neither of us have been north of PA.

ETA: Ugh Zombie Thread... and I failed for it.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards