North Carolina
Options

Asheville Cupcakes

So I did a tasting with Ruth and Ranshaw and the cupcakes were not very good (anyone wants specifics let me know).

Then I did a tasting with West End Bakery and loved them! Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about them. She says they bake up to 7 days in advance and then freeze. To me this seems like it would dry out the cupcakes and they wouldn't be very good. But for an October wedding I am sure they will be very busy and almost anywhere will freeze the cupcakes. Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Asheville Cupcakes

• Options
    I have never heard of that before. I would agree with you because it would seem like they wouldn't taste as good. I don't know if they do cupcakes but have you heard of The Bake Shoppe? Their cakes are amazing!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE Ruth and Ranshaw!!  I've used them for several events like birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and I will definitely have them do my wedding cake!  The owner is awesome! She actually listens to what you want.Their designs are always perfect and the cakes taste wonderful. Every time I use them, my guests always rave about the cake. They're also super affordable in comparison to some of the other cake shops around town. If you're in or around the Asheville area, I would highly recommend them!

• Options
    I haven't heard of them but have you heard of Tiffany's Baking Co?  She is awesome and doesn't freeze her cup cakes 7 days before if that is not something you do not want.  If you love them, then keep them but I love Tiffany and she can do almost anything.  You can find her on The Knot and email her.  She responds fast to emails and is willing to set up times that are convenient to you.  Hope it helps but you have to go with what you love. 
  • Options
    Has anyone heard of Carol's Confections? She is in downtown Asheville....any thoughts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards