New York-New York City

In need of suggestions!!!!!

rwarner814rwarner814 member
First Anniversary
edited June 2013 in New York-New York City
Hello "knotties". I plan on having my wedding in July 2014 and will be having approx. 100- 120 guests. I do not like traditional ballroom venues or halls where there are multiple parties going on at the same time. I like the loft feel, but then cringe at the idea of having to furnish the entire space. I guess I ideally would like a backdrop of white (tables, walls etc.) and then add in a splash of color (Mint, Yellow and Coral!!!). I would love to stay below 25k (20k would be lovely :)

**Also the GROOMZILLA wants an outdoor garden or rooftop space.

Any suggestions? : I am searching for venues within Manhattan, Queens, Long Island City, Brooklyn 

Is anyone out there? Please help !!

Re: In need of suggestions!!!!!

• KM0427KM0427 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    It's in Staten Island though, but it has a lofty feel- The Loft @ Arianas Grand. Reasonable & the food is EXCELLENT! Had my dad's surprise 50th there. It does not have weddingish kind of feel though pulling up, its on the 2nd floor of a brand new office building, you overlook the Outerbridge going into NJ. But once you're in it's beautiful. I've seen pictures of smaller weddings there & it looked beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Studio square... The beer garden in astoria they have a loft and dont worry the guest dont go anywhere near the ber garden and you cant even hear anything up there but it is pricey 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vetro by Russo's on the Bay is great
    www.vetronyc.com
  • My friend got married at Stage 6 Steiner Studios. Not sure about the cost but it was a beautiful space. The reception was in the rooftop loft which is all glass and has an outdoor terrace with a backdrop of the entire Manahattan. It was beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do a search for "Top of the Strand" in the east 30's
  • jrkubrjrkubr member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Mahattan Penthouse, Metropolitan Building.
  • lawsrwlawsrw member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I fell in love with Studio 450 in Manhattan - it's an all-white raw space, so you can customize however you want (with more white furniture!) and the raw space rental cost is pretty affordable (I believe they quoted us $10k for ten hours).

It has an amazing outdoor rooftop (for ceremony or cocktail hr) with views of the Empire State & New Yorker buildings, so your groomzilla will be happy.

It's truly a wonderful venue and was one of our top two choices but we went elsewhere, as I ended up being concerned with how photos would come out at night in the all-white space (and the fact that it would be dark outside during the reception for my wedding - mid-Oct. 2014), but if you're targeting July, the lighting would actually prob be great!
  • lawsrw said:
    I fell in love with Studio 450 in Manhattan - it's an all-white raw space, so you can customize however you want (with more white furniture!) and the raw space rental cost is pretty affordable (I believe they quoted us $10k for ten hours).

It has an amazing outdoor rooftop (for ceremony or cocktail hr) with views of the Empire State & New Yorker buildings, so your groomzilla will be happy.

It's truly a wonderful venue and was one of our top two choices but we went elsewhere, as I ended up being concerned with how photos would come out at night in the all-white space (and the fact that it would be dark outside during the reception for my wedding - mid-Oct. 2014), but if you're targeting July, the lighting would actually prob be great!
    This doesn't include any food/drinks right? Her budget is between $25 - $20K so I think $10k for just the space is a little crazy - even though it does sound amazing. 

OP - Look into ReBar or Bubby's Brooklyn
  • A place with an outdoor garden/rooftop is the Gardens at Rock Center. It's AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards