Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Booked! Excellence Riviera Cancun. Any tips?

After lots and lots of research and back and forth between Secrets Maroma, Excellence Riviera and Excellence Playa Mujeres, we FINALLY booked our honeymoon for December. Any tips or advice from those who have been there?

Re: Booked! Excellence Riviera Cancun. Any tips?

• Options
    I don't have any... but that place looks amazing. You are sure to have a blast!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Are you staying at he Excellence in Cancun or Playa Mujeres?  

I stayed at the Playa Mujeres on for my honeymoon and it was great.  Food portions are small so my hubby often ordered two portions at lunch or at dinner we just got a third entree we both wanted to try.   That was really my only watchout.  Otherwise it was great to relax for a week!!  

We did want to take a trip to Isla Mujeres (spelling) which is an island right off playa mujeres but because of weather we didn't go.  We met other guests who said it was a lot of fun.  You can rent a golf cart and drive around when you get there.  They had a blast and it was something I wish we got to do.  Have fun!
  • Options
    We are going to Excellence Riviera Cancun. We thought about Playa Mujeres, but decided on Riviera Maya instead so that we would be closer to the ruins and all if we want to do a day trip and because we were able to upgrade to Excellence Club.
  • Options
    I've been to both and while playa mujeres was more modern we enjoyed riviera cancan more. I would recommend the romantic dinner othe beach. My husband had asked for chocolate covered strawberries at dessert and requested some to be delivered to our room and they did. The service is exceptional. We also did the jungle boat tour which was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    Both sound like great suggestions; thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards