May 2014 Weddings
Options

save the dates/invitations

5/31/14 wedding here!  Looking for feedback on when to sent out save the dates & invitations.  Right now I'm planning on mailing save the dates at the end of October, so they have them beginning of November before Thanksgiving, the holiday season, and so they don't get lost in all the holiday cards.  Thinking of mailing invitations end of March, with an RSVP due date of April 30th.  Does that sound right???

Re: save the dates/invitations

• Options
    Yup, sounds right. 
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    I have the same wedding date and am in the process of creating/ ordering my save the dates to send out. We will be having a destination wedding so I think I need to send them as early as possible.
  • Options
    That sounds a lot like my plan. I definitely want my STD's to get to people before the holidays.
  • Options
    ^^^ haha
  • Options
    Yup, I'm getting married and May and I plan on sending mine the first weekend in October. When you have to plan around the holidays (and the postal service) the sooner the better right?
  • Options

My date is 5/4/14 and I already sent out my have the dates a couple months ago. For me it was the sooner the better because my fiancée and I both have large families that live on the opposite coast. If you have a similar situation sometimes the sooner the better just to give the many out of towners time to save and make sure they can make it.

• Options
    I'm getting married on 5/31/14 and will probably send out the save the dates beginning-mid October. I'll probably mail invitations in March with RSVP date of April 30th. This is also the deadline for my guests to book their rooms at the discounted rate for the hotel block so I thought it would be better to keep all of the deadlines the same.
  • Options
    Congrats wedding date twin!!! I am sending mine out around that same time. I am travelling for work next month so I figured I would send out my save the dates when I got back in the beginning of October. 
  • Options
    Likewise moanamt, We're doing a destination wedding and we're sending out the STD as early as next month.  We have friends flying in from the UK who are already starting to look into booking their trip.  (The wedding is going to be in Mexico!)
  • Options
    I'm following about that same schedule. Save-the-dates in October, Invites toward the end of March, and RSVP date for May 2nd. Most of my guests are local, so I'm not too worried about getting the save the dates out any earlier than that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our wedding is May 24th and I just finished addressing our STD's. I will be mailing them by the end of the month. We figured because it's memorial day weekend, and people usually make plans, we should give them plenty of notice! :)

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
  • Options
    RiffRandell6 Same situation. I'm thinking Save the Dates next month, and then invites early November with a January RSVP date in order to circumvent holidays. Is that similar to what you are doing?
  • Options
    I'm looking at save the dates and invitations now...hoping to send the save the dates at the end of October for a May 2nd wedding, and maybe march for invitations.

Question: are your save the dates and invitations all following the same theme, or are you mixing them up a bit? I wouldn't mind having a cutesy/modern save the date, but a more formal invitation. Thoughts?
  • Options
    @EmilyMMcC - Hey there date twin!!  :)   I got my save the dates from Magnet Street Weddings and I am having a local printing company work on making some custom designed invites that look a little more formal.  What I'm doing is even though they are different I'm having a "unifying" element, not only with a singe color (navy blue) but also a floral design.  The floral design is not the same between the save the dates & the invitations, but it is very similar.
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Just ordered my save the dates. I'm aiming to send them early October at the latest.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ArtTeacher23 - thanks! I love that you're also getting married on May 2nd! I just got a post card from Magnet Street so I'll need to check them out. I need to work on narrowing down the designs that I like, there are just too many! I guess that's a good thing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards