Offbeat Weddings
Options

Live Streaming?

missjeckamissjecka member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2013 in Offbeat Weddings
Has anyone ever done a live stream of their wedding?

I have many people that I know won't attend. I have a Ustream account and have used it many times and thought it'd be handy to use it to stream weddings, which I know they do on cruise ship chapels and other destination weddings.

Have any of you done this, or are planning to? How do I get someone to agree to hold up an iPad or something during the ceremony? Is this something a photographer can do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Live Streaming?

• Options
    gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I'd stay away from this unless it's a destination wedding and you are giving the link to close family members who can't make it.  It seems really rude to tell someone "you're not invited to the wedding, but you can watch it on your computer", ya know?

My friend did this for her Vegas wedding, but that was so that their kids back at home could watch.  Just them, nobody else. 

• Options
    gmcr78 said:

I'd stay away from this unless it's a destination wedding and you are giving the link to close family members who can't make it.  It seems really rude to tell someone "you're not invited to the wedding, but you can watch it on your computer", ya know?

My friend did this for her Vegas wedding, but that was so that their kids back at home could watch.  Just them, nobody else. 

Thanks for the quick comment! I'm not planning on doing what you said... "you're not invited, but here's a link!"; rather, I'll just post the link on my facebook account and send it off to those who RSVP'd "no".

Anyway, my question still remains: how do I logistically do this during the ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't put it up on FB. That's as good as saying, "Hey, we're getting married and you're not invited! But you can watch the ceremony because it's free for us."

If one of my BMs can't make it, we're streaming it for her. But we're planning on using skype and setting up a tablet.
  • Options
    I was under the impression that OP was indicating putting it up on Facebook in a private message to the people who RSVP'd no . . . maybe I read that wrong?  Because that wouldn't be seen by all Facebook friends, just the ones who were invited to the wedding. 
    I have only heard of live streaming a wedding by using Skype, and usually there is one person in control of the computer that makes sure everything is going well. 

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    I was under the impression that OP was indicating putting it up on Facebook in a private message to the people who RSVP'd no . . . maybe I read that wrong?  Because that wouldn't be seen by all Facebook friends, just the ones who were invited to the wedding. 
    I have only heard of live streaming a wedding by using Skype, and usually there is one person in control of the computer that makes sure everything is going well. 
    That's exactly what I was saying. I wasn't going to post it for all 500-whatever of my obscure Facebook "friends"; I was going to e-mail the link to those who I know won't be able to come, much like what people do when they have destination weddings.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards