Wisconsin

Alternatives to using Tents for outdoor ceremony

Hi All!

I've been racking my brain for a couple of days as to how to keep my guests dry in case of a sudden shower in October. I'm not a huge fan of the standard wedding tent and the space where we plan on saying our vows (my parents' backyard) is somewhat oddly shaped and might not accommodate a large tent. I've thought of using Shade Sails or giant tarps/canopies strung throughout the trees. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any cool alternatives to tents? Thanks!

Re: Alternatives to using Tents for outdoor ceremony

• Give everyone big golf umbrellas?

Unfortunately if you are doing it outside you're pretty limited - a tent is a tent and will get the job done. I don't really feel like there's much room for creativity there.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Outdoors in October in Wisconsin? Sounds like a recipe for disaster for me.

• Why would it be a recipe for disaster? It's generally in the 50's and 60's and the leaves are beautiful...I think it will be perfect.
  • I was in a mid October wedding a couple years ago. The ceremony and dinner were outside and it was a high of 55. The dress I had was a tea length halter and once my nerves calmed during dinner(I was MOH and wedding planner and DOC), I was actually kinda cold. As the bride and other BMs were getting their hair done, I was at the venue wiping frost off the chairs for guests to sit on.

October in WI can be either gorgeous or freezing. Do you have a back up plan if it snows or is raining?
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • crzurb26 said:
    Why would it be a recipe for disaster? It's generally in the 50's and 60's and the leaves are beautiful...I think it will be perfect.

What part of WI do you live in? Florida?!?!

Just kidding. I was in a (very) late September wedding last year. It was very...brisk.

You can take pretty pictures outside. Just consider your guests' comfort as your #1 priority...which means tents, space heaters, or preferably an indoor ceremony.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards