Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Cocktail Party Reception

My fiance and I have looked at several venues that were all really awesome, we just aren't really thrilled by the idea of a formalized, sit down meal.  We've been bouncing around the idea of a cocktail party type reception instead with lots of heavy hors devours & snack-type foods and of course, drinking.  We are aiming towards New Years next year and thought since many are already going out partying on this night, why not do it in celebration of our marriage.  We figured starting the reception around 8 and running until 1-2am would be good --- Just looking for some ideas or suggestions that anyone may have, if this would work/be a good idea... Also any venue locations that this could work at (we've already looked at Mulberry Art Studio and think it could work there, just wanting more suggestions)

Thanks all!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cocktail Party Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Where exactly are you looking in central PA?  Which part?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My family is in Philly and his is in York so we're thinking the Lancaster area...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend getting married in May 2011 at the Cork Factory Hotel in Lancaster. (They also own the Hamilton Ballroom in Lancaster) She is doing the same type of hors devours-heavy reception. I think it will work out well for you especially on New Years Eve! An 8 pm reception will ensure that no one is expecting a sit down dinner since it's not a usual "meal time". 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We visited Cork Factory and LOVED it... I guess we just never considered doing it there as when we went there we got all the info for a seated meal -- thanks for the idea, I'll have to check into that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    awit77awit77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to the Cork Factory today for a tour and that would be awesome for a cocktail typer reception. We loved the terrace area! I'd be ideal. Good luck!
    revised
    bio! (updated 08.18.10)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards