Nevada-Las Vegas

Little Church of the West

Anyone have any experience with Little Church of the West wedding chapel? My ceremony is there in December and I'm getting a bit anxious. I got to visit the chapel when I was in Vegas in Feb (thank god or I'm sure I'd be a wreck) and everyone there was super nice. They don't do any type of rehersal so just wondered if any one had some day of tips or a run down of how they handle everything. I've been watching some webcam videos on their website to try and get prepared lol.

Re: Little Church of the West

• Hi :) I'm also a Little Church of the West bride! Although my wedding is not til April so I guess its more a case of you being able to tell me what it is all like than me being able to provide you with any information! I'm based in the UK so I haven't even visited it. My experience with them (booking and querying packages) has been very positive, and there were a couple of brides on here who married there and provided me some advice (mainly about the included photoshoot package) when I had some questions back in March. 

Those brides may no longer post on here but you can probably find some of their posts if you search this board. Also, if you look on vegasgroom's spreadsheet on his website (or there's a link pinned to the top of the front page of this board) you can search on there for brides who got married at the chapel and some have links to their review blogs / planning bios which have reviews. 

Hope the anxiety calms soon! I love watching the ceremony videos :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Hey there - I was a Little Chapel bride in late June.  There is a reception area close to the church which is covered and where your guests can wait.  It's difficult but aim to arrive around 15 minutes before your allotted time or else everyone is just standing around.  We had a shuttle, which made it comfortable for my parents and Hubs' parent to wait.

Also, they watch closely to make sure you DO NOT take pictures inside the chapel / near the chapel.  Just a heads up!

Also, we had Elvis do there ceremony and it was fantastic!!!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Thanks ladies!

Yeah they've been really sweet and helpful so far! Very accommodating when I went to visit the chapel. I'll make sure to post a review when I get back for you @Jiimanie

We got the package that allows our guests to take pictures so hopefully it's ok! lol I'm also getting photos done at the Las Vegas which I'm really excited about. Much to my FI's dismay, we are not getting married by Elvis lol!

I think I'm mostly worried about the ceremony itself, ie what to say and when etc.  But I''ll look up past posts and keep watching the ceremony videos!

• They make you pay to allow your guests to take pics?!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Yes @vegasgroom ! It is only allowed within certain packages, it made us think twice but we wanted the bigger package for the other extras it contained so it wasn't a problem for us in the end, but I wouldn't have booked a package that didn't let my guests take photos .....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @cbrandtwright thanks for the advice about getting there early. They've said they'll pick me up from the Mirage at 2.30pm for our 3pm wedding so I will make sure I'm down waiting for the limo 5-10 mins early in case they arrive early!

What was the process when you arrived at the chapel? I'm sure my reservation email said something about checking in at the office ... me and my FI want to arrive separately so that he doesn't see me until I walk into the chapel so I'm trying to get a good idea about the logistics of it all!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think only the two most basic packages are the ones that don't allow guests to take pictures, I don't know if it's to do with it being a "historical site" or what, but as @Jiimanie it wasn't an issue for us because we weren't going for those ones anyways.

Yeah it's the logistics of everything that I'm trying to find as well lol. My ceremony is also at 3,but I'm staying at Mandalay Bay so it's almost literally right across the street anyways.

• Sorry for my delay!  There is a small office behind the church, where you 'check in.'  Just bring your paperwork and you'll be all set.  they will start the ceremony on time / when all your guests have arrived.  What I would do is call and ask is to see if you can 'hide out' somewhere in the back.  With a lot of open space and no waiting space inside the chapel, you'll want to be in a place where you don't accidentally run into FI and ruin the surprise.
  • Thanks @cbrandtwright ! Our package includes 'exclusive' use of the 'bridal suite' so I guess I will hang out there after checking in :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The bridal suite is right behind the office and secluded from the chapel so no one will see :) I have a couple of pictures of the suite and chapel etc, let me know if youd like me to post @jiimanie

• That would be great @whosaidsam i'll inbox you my email address

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards