Nevada-Las Vegas

Officially a Tropicana Bride!

We finally booked our wedding and reception (after a year of being engaged)!! 

We decided on The Trop. They were willing to work with us overall and we're going to have an outdoor wedding and reception, by the pool. Prices were fair (compared to some of the other resorts that were outrageous for an outdoor reception) and although we had a few hiccups with their catering/events director, we managed to work everything out in the end and save a few bucks because of it. 

So May, 17, 2014 is booked and ready... now the real planning begins I guess. :)

Anyone else at the newly renovated Tropicana?

So excited!! I know a lot of brides don't go there, or at least aren't talking about it as much, so I'll be sure to share my experiences! 

Re: Officially a Tropicana Bride!

• Congratulations!! I am not getting married at the Tropicana - but I will be getting married in May 2014 as well!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ive seen new pics and so far they look great.  ive emailed kate sinnett for long time and she is quick to respond for most part unless she isn't there
  • Congrats! I am also getting married in May 2014. :)  The pictures are nice online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay congrats I too am a may 2014 bride!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • ive seen new pics and so far they look great.  ive emailed kate sinnett for long time and she is quick to respond for most part unless she isn't there
    Oh yes, Katie is awesome... She's responded to us practically 24/7!! 

Thanks all for the love and super excited to hear from all the other May 2014 Vegas Brides! 
  • does it bother you that u at end of strip compared to all other hotels
  • Nope! Lots of weddings happen at Mandalay Bay and that's a bit further away than where we are... it's close enough to MGM, Luxor, Mandalay, NY NY, so it's not like we're off the strip or anything. I like that end anyways, so the location was never an issue. 
  • They renovated recently and the rooms are quite nice now, but still more reasonably priced than many on the other end of the strip. Also it's Hilton so if you have guests that travel frequently they may like that. How many guests do you have? We are still looking for a venue for 150.
  • I'm at the Trop Sept 21, 2013! 
  • We're going to have about 50-60 guests. Katie took us on a tour of the suites and renovated rooms - pretty nice and so reasonably priced!

CandC - Can't wait to see pics!! are you having your reception there too? If so, I'm curious what your experience has been with Leah at the Trop! 

Stay in touch!! 
  • does it bother you that u at end of strip compared to all other hotels
    Trop's in walking distance of probably eight other resorts so there's plenty of options on where to stay for people attending an event there.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I am having my reception there. We're set to have it in the Monte Cristo room since we have a large party (40) and wanted to do dancing. 
  • I am having my reception there. We're set to have it in the Monte Cristo room since we have a large party (40) and wanted to do dancing. 
    Would love some pics of their setup for my website once you get back, if you remember. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I will do my best!

• kazzykazzy member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Vegasgroom, you can use photos from my site that I took myself on a recent visit http://www.littlevegaswedding.com/the-directory/strip-hotels/tropicana/

// Little Vegas Wedding blog - click for modern Vegas wedding inspiration, ideas and venues! //
    // Springs Preserve + Border Grill bride, May 2010 //

• Oh those pictures were lovely!
     Just curious - who is your photographer going to be?
  • We're only having the cashmans photography during the ceremony. We have a lot of photo happy family so they'll 'shoot' the reception.
  • edited August 2013
    I plan to get married at the Tropicana in May 2014 as well! I'm just trying to work out the details of my reception. I'm hoping for a traditional reception with a dance, emcee and DJ but I'm not sure this is offered at the Tropicana. Do you mind sharing your reception plans at the Tropicana? Thanks!!
  • Congrats on a big check
  • We've been chatting with Leah Abbs at the Tropicana. She's the coordinator for the reception. Currently we're having a dinner with cake, dancing with Ipod DJ (although a dj would be no issue) and open bar. 
    Leah has been great to plan with. 
    The cake services comes with champagne, there is coffee and water on the table at all times. There are options of white or black linens. I was given lighting options but declined them. I can't think of anything else, if I missed something let me know. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards