Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Pigeon Catering

My fiancé and I are getting married at the Board of Trade in December! We are about to set up the tasting with Pigeon Catering, but we are having a tough time deciding on what to have.

My fiancé is a chef and food is really important to him. We both love the BOT so much! We wanted to have an outside caterer, but we are not able to at the BOT.

Any brides that used Pigeon Catering... Was there any food that you loved or hated?! Any feedback would help!! Thank you!!!

Re: Pigeon Catering

• Options
    I got married at the Board of Trade and had a great experience with Pigeon Catering.  Everyone at my wedding raved about the prime rib and cajun turkey carving station, as well as the shrimp and grits station.  I didn't try it, but several people also told me that they really liked the celebration salad.  Are you having a buffet or a sit down dinner?
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the response! We are having a buffet. I was leaning towards the BBQ shrimp and grits, but I wasn't sure about anything else. Did you pick a certain menu or create your own?
    I just want to make sure we have enough food and that it taste good. I'm sure that's what every bride wants :)
  • Options
    I am getting married at BOT in October and using Pigeon Catering. We poured over the menus and chose about a dozen items that we were thinking of. Pigeon created a tasting for us and we got to try everything we had picked out. Everything tastes amazing--we had a hard time paring down to our actual menu. They are very flexible and will price out any combination of items you are looking into. We are excited about all the different station options there are so that everyone can pick and choose what they want at the reception. Plus, if you are doing a buffet, they keep it open all night long. I will keep you informed as our wedding is only three months away!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We are using Pigeon as well and initially we were deliberating Food Art, which sounded flipping AWESOME on paper. We had tastings at both and holy COW, Pigeon blew them totally out of the water. I was very shocked, to be honest. Pigeon is related to the Gumbo Shoppe, which has some really yummy food. I also didn't realize what a huge caterer they are, and I liked that they handle so many large events so well. They will make anything you want and adjust it to suit your tastes. We wanted spicy foods and they were all over customizing our stuff. The boudin-stuffed pork loin and the CAjun fried turkey made me moan out loud. The shrimp and grits, to my surprise, needed work. If you've ever had the pleasure of eating it at Landry's, that is so buttery and delish it is the version to which I compare all others, and Pigeon's version sadly didn't compare. But! They offer a grits BAR, complete with grillades and tons of other toppings, so if you want grits, that might be the way to go. I cannot wait until our wedding!!! I gaze longingly at our menu from time to time. Lol.
    -We've jointly decided to medicate any future marital discord with food.-
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies!! We have our tasting next week and we are very exciting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards