August 2013 Weddings
Options

Need help from in-laws!!!

So we have 23 days until the big day!! My side has done so much for this wedding as far as the cost and I will not ask for more because they have done enough. I have asked my fiance to ask his side of the family for help and he has yet to do so. Am i wrong if I ask them myself because the stress of thinking about how much money we need by the wedding day is really taking a toll on me!! Advice please!!! :(

Re: Need help from in-laws!!!

• Options
    Sorry you are feeling so stressed. Neither of your families are obligated to help pay for your wedding.  It is a nice bonus if families can help pay, but it is quite rude to ask them to.  If they offer to pay, that is one thing.  Asking them is wrong.

This is why many posts on these boards recommend only having a wedding that you and your SO can afford to pay for.  Never count on money from others.  My advice with the wedding so close is to find anything unnecessary and cut it out.

Good luck.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You can not ask anyone to help pay for your wedding. You need to have a wedding YOU can afford. Why should your parents or in-laws pay for your wedding? 
  • Options
    Having someone offer to help is fantastic but you shouldn't ask for money. My now husband and I had a wedding we could afford and any money we got was appreciated but not expected nor asked for.
  • Options
    Actually yeah I think it is wrong to ask for money.  If they didn't offer and then hand over money then you shouldn't expect them to be able to give now that you are at the end. My FI's family is doing nothing financially for the wedding.  My father and us as a couple are paying for everything. They never offered and I never expected it.

• Options
    I agree, neither you or your FI should ask.  My FILs aren't paying for much either, but that's life.  How short are you?  Maybe if you tell us your budgeting situation we can help you think of things to cut. 
  • Options
    First! I would like to say that I have NOT asked my parents for anything! My plan was to pay for everything out of our pocket but they decided they wanted to help so thats not a problem. We have figured everything out now so thank you to everyone for their advice. I didnt understand at first but now i do hearing this from other brides :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards