Chit Chat
Options

NWR - Dream Job

As I was whining and moaning about how I don't want to go to today, I thought about what job I would want to do...and wondered what other people would want to do.

So if you could do anything, what would you want to do for a living?

Me - I'd be a mattress tester, Jimmy Buffett backup singer or blimp pilot.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: NWR - Dream Job

• Options
    ^work. I don't want to go to work today*. See? :)
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

There's actually plenty of jobs I would willingly do if money was not a factor.

Unfortunately those jobs pay a bit too little for someone not in high school or college any longer...

• Options
    I would be a meteorologist with the local NWS, partly so I can work on river flood forecasting and severe weather short-term predictions.

Otherwise I bandied around the ideas of being a radio DJ (preferably for an NPR/jazz station) or an elementary school music teacher when I was younger. How I ended up in engineering I will never know or understand.
  • Options
    Is there such thing as a professional napper? LOL That's what I'd pick!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is there such thing as a professional napper? LOL That's what I'd pick!!!
    That's why I said I'd be a mattress tester. Sleeping for a living sounds fantasical.
  • Options
    I'd like to be a food critic. Getting paid to eat? Where do I sign up?

• Options
    I'd like to be an animator. It's what I went to school for, though that ship has sailed.
    Being a painter/something else artsy would be nice too. Just doesn't bring in the steady income like I like. 

:P I sell mattresses, so I do kinda get paid to lay on them. Can't sell em' if I don't know how they feel.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Travel blogger.

• Options
    I'd like to help marine animals. Save them, fix them up and set them free. Or a scuba photographer. I'd love to swim and photograph sharks and other marine wildlife.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would train horses and I dont care if it meant getting up two hours earlier then what I do now. I miss working with horses :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would finish my BSW and be an addictions worker. 
  • Options
    Circus performer!!  I'd love to try all of that.  I'll probably sign up for a circus class when I'm finished with cheer, to fill the time

• Options
    I sell mattresses, so I do kinda get paid to lay on them. Can't sell em' if I don't know how they feel.

Love your meme! In high school a friend of mine raised sheep for FFA and one December a runt black sheep was pushed away by his mama. We diapered him, bottle fed him, and kept him in the house til after Christmas time. It was AWESOME.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    I'd be a small town librarian.  I loved my librarian growing up and when it was quiet, I could read all day... *lost in my daydream*
  • Options
    I'd own an equine and a canine boarding facility with all the fancy amenities.

I've actually had a barn owner tell me I'd be great at running a horse boarding facility, and, it's one of my 'retirement' dreams.

That, or I wanna be paid to condition endurance/trail horses.

As long as it involves animals, I'd be pretty damn happy.
  • Options
    State legislature district representative. A) Know everyone in the community B) be well liked C) attend fundraisers, nonprofit meetings, and mixers D) have an awesome retirement plan.

Previously Alaynajuliana

• Options
    I would love to be a travel photographer. Combining my two loves-travel and photography.
  • Options
    I'm doing honeymoon research right now and just decided that my dream life is owning a hotel in Costa Rica.
  • Options
    Travel writer. I'd love to get paid to travel the world, see new places and try new things. It's just a shame the pay is so bad.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm actually struggling with this right now. I'm a kinesiologist technically but it's the same as pp.. Need more experience. I want to become a dr of osteopathic medicine so we shall see if they accept me!
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Detective or novelist.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Anything with some form of creativity. My degree's in theatre, so directing/acting/costuming would be ideal, but I have lots of creative outlets. Currently I'm working in a small jewelry store, primarily in the repair and design area in back, which is actually awesome and I love it. I make wire-wrapped jewelry and such as an amateur, but I'm going to get to learn computer-aided design, casting, and basic goldsmithing eventually. I talk H's ear off about how cool my new job is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards