Snarky Brides

What the what?

Hi All!  I'm a long time lurker, and I've posted here and there on occasion.  I needed to share this story because I'm just flabbergasted, and this seemed safer than Facebook.

FI works at a restaurant/bar that is failing. (He only got half his pay check last week - in one dollar bills).  Thankfully it was just a second job which he recently decided to quit, and today is his last day.  The owner has unfortunately run the place into the ground due to some drug addiction issues, to the point that she owes the state lottery over $25k.

Today she asked FI if she could BORROW HIS CREDIT CARD!

Even worse, someone he works with actually said YES and is now out $750!

I just needed to share how outrageous this is.  Feel free to turn this into a crazy/inappropriate boss story thread!

Re: What the what?

• bjhubble said:

Hi All!  I'm a long time lurker, and I've posted here and there on occasion.  I needed to share this story because I'm just flabbergasted, and this seemed safer than Facebook.

FI works at a restaurant/bar that is failing. (He only got half his pay check last week - in one dollar bills).  Thankfully it was just a second job which he recently decided to quit, and today is his last day.  The owner has unfortunately run the place into the ground due to some drug addiction issues, to the point that she owes the state lottery over $25k.

Today she asked FI if she could BORROW HIS CREDIT CARD!

Even worse, someone he works with actually said YES and is now out $750!

I just needed to share how outrageous this is.  Feel free to turn this into a crazy/inappropriate boss story thread!

WHY WOULD HE SAY YES?!?!?! I WOULD BE SO PISSED! Mind blown.
  • Update: I just got a text from FI saying his boss is upstairs ripping down ceiling tiles because she's convinced there are people living inside them.

Two hours and he's done. Thank goodness! 

• That is a special level of crazy right there. I wouldn't even wait the two hours.
  • I told him I wouldn't be upset if he left and just forfeited any pay they still owe him.  Who knows if he'd even get it at this point?
  • Whoa. She has secured her ticket to the looney bin.
  • I hope the person who lent her his credit card called the CC company up to cancel it immediately because she easily could have written down the number, expiration date and that number code on the back to use it again and again.

• She sounds cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

This is one of those stories that could be submitted on ThatsMyBoss.com.

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• um, why would he let her borrow the cc!  That needs to be cancelled ASAP!  And FI needs to just quit, like now

Anniversary
  • Ditto with telling whomever lent the card to cancel it right now! And wow.......wow......
  • I've had a boss threaten to kick my ass or shoot me (I worked for an armored car company, so most all of us carried).

Always fun.

But, loaning out your CC to a junkie?  Now that's just crazy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards