Florida-Central Florida
Options

Floor Plan-Winter Park Farmers Market

For all you birdes out there that either had there wedding at the Winter Park Farmers Market or plan on having it there....how are you setting up your floor plan? Are you using round or banquet tables?

How many banquet tables did you use for other things other than quest setting, like dessert table, cake, etc?

what size did you use for the cake table?

Re: Floor Plan-Winter Park Farmers Market

• Options
    I'm curious to see if anyone has any input on this as well. I'm having my wedding at the WPFM as well but I haven't determined the exact floor plan. I know the dance floor will definitely be in the center. Other than that I'm thinking either all round tables or a mix of round/rectangle tables for guests.  I think banquet tables will be needed for cake, gift table, bar, dj, and buffet, but I'm not sure how many exactly?
  • Options
    I went to a good friend's wedding there a few months ago and they had it set up with the dance floor in the very center of the room and at the bottom of that the sweetheart table and the top of the dancefloors was the DJ with the cake table next to him. On either side of the dancefloor were round tables, I'd probably say about 6 or 7 on each side and on the far side the buffet was set up, the longest wall opposite the front doors, near the bathroom/backroom/kitchen/or whatever's back there.

Their wedding was gorgeous there and they had all these hanging branches above the dancefloor, stunning!

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Avondale, I would love to know more about the hanging branches, sounds beautiful and just what I would love! I'm curious how they pulled that off, given that the farmer's market does not allow any hanging decoration. Did they use somebody for that?
  • Options
    My photographer just did a wedding at the winter park farmer's market and it looks like there were no round tables only rectangles, a square for cupcakes, and two more rectangles for gifts. HTH!
  • Options

Hi! We just had our wedding there last weekend..

We did a little untraditional seating/timeline.. but it worked out perfectly and all the guests seemed to love it!  I absolutely love the long family style tables... to me it always seems there is better conversation.  I also hate being in a wedding and not being able to sit with my date, so we had all our bridal party and their dates sit with us. 

PM me if you want the floorplan we used.  We had approximately 155 guests.  Had the buffett in the middle, which broke down for use as the dance floor after dinner.  We just waited til then for our dances, and it was fine.  The whole feel allowed a bigger group to feel more intimate.

Hope this helps!  Can't wait to share some pics :)

• Options
    sporkula - Here is an image of what the branches over the dance floor looked like (almost postive they were branches from Ikea):
    http://bitemefoodblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/wedding-and-recipe.html

I'm not exactly sure how they were hung but I believe it was with fishing wire, in that case they were probably tied from one rafter to the other and hung inbetween as to not damage anything. They had a wedding coordinator (who I am also using for my day of!) who set ALL of the decor up so I'm sure she did that as well, her name is Alexis at www.2birdsevents.com, if you're interested in hiring someone to set up your day of, she's amaxing!
  • Options
    Here's the direct link to the picture I was meaning to link, rather than her whole blog post: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-K51ZVoxKqts/TyWYt3OpM1I/AAAAAAAAB4Q/AHf08RSrB8E/s1600/dance.jpg
  • Options
    That's really cool.  I'm surprised they were allowed to do that because I read you weren't allowed to hang anything from their structure. 
  • Options
    @nlovesj22

I'm having my wedding at the Farmer's Market and I would love to see your floor plan. I'm intrigued that you did a break down of the buffet! This would allow me to have about 10 more guests!  I tried sending a pm but since I have a hard time finding my messages I thought I would post on here! 

Thanks! 
  • Options
    I just saw your PM and replied back.  Send me your email and I will send you the floorplan :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_floor-plan-winter-park-farmers-market?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:816d832a-eacd-40b9-a191-1d5f9477d544Post:07bbac1b-0db5-4ead-853a-bf28b589260b">Re: Floor Plan-Winter Park Farmers Market</a>:
    [QUOTE]@nlovesj22  I'm having my wedding at the Farmer's Market and I would love to see your floor plan. I'm intrigued that you did a break down of the buffet! This would allow me to have about 10 more guests!  I tried sending a pm but since I have a hard time finding my messages I thought I would post on here!  Thanks! 
    Posted by ingie7[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Hi, I just came across your post and I wanted to know if you could possibly spare me the floor plan details as well. Laughing I would greatly appreciate it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_floor-plan-winter-park-farmers-market?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:816d832a-eacd-40b9-a191-1d5f9477d544Post:80591028-f3c6-485b-aa32-2b450d83593b">Re: Floor Plan-Winter Park Farmers Market</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I just came across your post and I wanted to know if you could possibly spare me the floor plan details as well.  I would greatly appreciate it!
    Posted by glamvamp0820[/QUOTE]

I just PM'd you :)
  • Options
    Hello!

It has been about a year since this post so I wanted to see if anyone has since been able to give some good tips on room layout for the WPFM. I am getting married their this November and any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

in Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_floor-plan-winter-park-farmers-market?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:816d832a-eacd-40b9-a191-1d5f9477d544Post:40cb34ed-a7a2-4971-907a-a4e2c82a9da5">Floor Plan-Winter Park Farmers Market</a>:
    [QUOTE]For all you birdes out there that either had there wedding at the Winter Park Farmers Market or plan on having it there....how are you setting up your floor plan? Are you using round or banquet tables? How many banquet tables did you use for other things other than quest setting, like dessert table, cake, etc? what size did you use for the cake table?
    Posted by steffyweffy021[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Ditto! I am towards having the family style tables set up with a little bit a room in between each. Anyone know how many banquet tables I can fit long ways there. I am hoping 5!
  • Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I'm having my wedding there in Jan. and thats where I'm struggling too! I sort of like the family style table idea a lot more now! PM'd you for the floor plan! :)
  • Options
    Can you please send me the floor plan you had for your wedding at the WPFM? I am having my wedding there next July.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards