Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Wedding Ceremony locations in Chelsea, NYC

I need to find a location for my wedding ceremony within walking distance of Chelsea Piers. The cocktail hour and reception will take place right after the ceremony at Sunset Terrace (in Chelsea Piers). 

Many venues are already booked on my wedding date or won't book just the ceremony. I tried Hudson River Park and the Highline in addition to the following locations: The Park, The Lighthouse, Pier 59 Studios and Maritime Hotel.  My invitations are being printed next week so I need to make a decision soon. 

If anyone knows of any galleries, chapels, hotels, lofts, restaurants, museums or any other locations close to Chelsea Piers that could accommodate up to 100 people please respond. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wedding Ceremony locations in Chelsea, NYC

• Best bet is to post on your local NYC board. This is an international forum so you'll probably get better advice from ppl who know your area
    *********************************************************************************

• Best bet is to post on your local NYC board. This is an international forum so you'll probably get better advice from ppl who know your area.
    *********************************************************************************

• suziqny said:
    I need to find a location for my wedding ceremony within walking distance of Chelsea Piers. The cocktail hour and reception will take place right after the ceremony at Sunset Terrace (in Chelsea Piers). 

Many venues are already booked on my wedding date or won't book just the ceremony. I tried Hudson River Park and the Highline in addition to the following locations: The Park, The Lighthouse, Pier 59 Studios and Maritime Hotel.  My invitations are being printed next week so I need to make a decision soon. 

If anyone knows of any galleries, chapels, hotels, lofts, restaurants, museums or any other locations close to Chelsea Piers that could accommodate up to 100 people please respond. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Is there a reason you aren't having your ceremony at Chelsea Piers as well?  

Since you don't have a specific location in mind, why add the hassle of finding a second location?  It's also a lot easier for guests to have everything in the same place.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Try Studio 450, they also have a bunch of other properties. 

I don't have any specific names, but there are a few dozen galleries around 24-28th streets between 9th & 11th avenues. If you live in the city, I would just walk down those blocks and pop in and ask about site rentals. 

You could try the Cedar Lake Ballet-they rent out their space for a lot of events. 

• Good idea. I will try that. Thanks.
  • I can have it there but I don't want to. The ceremony and reception take place in the same. After the ceremony the room is rearranged and set up for the reception. The cocktail hour space is not ideal and really ugly compared to the main room. I'd prefer to have the cocktail hour in the main reception room and have the ceremony somewhere else. Since the ceremony is not included in our wedding package, there is an additional fee to have it there.I'd rather pay to have it somewhere else to avoid having the cocktail party in the ugly room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards