Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Help! I need a song to sing at my brother's wedding!

My brother's fiancé has asked me to sing a song at their wedding.  I am really happy to do it, but I don't know what song to sing!  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Re: Help! I need a song to sing at my brother's wedding!

• I recently sang at my good friend's wedding. Of course, song choice depends on your voice type, but if you're cool with transposing, anything is possible :)

For her wedding, I sang 'Make You Feel My Love' (Adele's version - I'm a soprano and had to transpose it up a whole step). It was between that, 'The Nearness of You' (Ella Fitzgerald), and a funky rearrangement I did of 'Sea of Love' (The Honeydrippers - though I believe the most popular version nowadays is by Cat Power).  

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What kind of style is their ceremony? What kind of music do they like? What are some artists you are comfortable singing?
  • There ceremony is going to be very personal, and non-traditional but not religious at all.  They like all styles of music country, rock, r&b, etc.  I'm not so worried about the artist, but I want something that fits the situation.  A lot of the songs I have been finding have been more appropriate to sing to someone you are in a relationship with, as opposed to my brother.
  • I think it's still okay to sing a relationship song because you're not really singing it TO your brother or else it would be a brother/sister song you're singing it on behalf of the couple and their love. With that being said what about "I Could Not Ask for More",  "Love Will Keep Us Alive", I like the previous post of the adele song as well. 
  • SilverGlitter05 said: I think it's still okay to sing a relationship song because you're not really singing it TO your brother or else it would be a brother/sister song you're singing it on behalf of the couple and their love. With that being said what about "I Could Not Ask for More",  "Love Will Keep Us Alive", I like the previous post of the adele song as well.  This. In the same way people do readings at ceremonies, they're not reading to the B or G, they're reading for or about them

That said, try Feels Like Home, by  Chantal Kreviazuk. It's beautiful and very appropriate for a ceremony. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards