Ohio-Northeast
Options

Limo or not?

We are trying to decide whether or not we should hire a limo for our wedding... Just wanted to get some outside opinions!!!

We are getting married on a Friday in Akron.  The reception hall is like less than 10 min from the church.  The photographer wants us to pick an outdoor location for photos in between ceremony and reception - we were thinking of University of Akron because there are lots of interesting buildings and whatnot around there for backgrounds... U of A can be a little confusing to navigate if you are unfamiliar and most of our wedding party is from out of town or out of state.  Plus we are trying to get the outside pictures done before we lose daylight as the sun will be setting!  

So we thought if we got a limo, then we can fit everyone in to one vehicle and not have to worry about so-&-so getting lost and being super late to the location or forgetting we are not going straight to the reception (that happened at a friend's wedding, half the people didn't show up for the outside location!!)   it just seemed like it would be easier that way.  Then the limo can take everyone to the reception and done!  I really just need the limo for like 1 1/2 or 2 hours...  but we would kind of also like a a limo or a town car or something to drop me and my FH off at our home after the reception... 

The trouble is, every time we mention "wedding", the limo companies all say they have a min. 4 hour rental fee.  I don't need them for 4 hours!  Or they try to say they will pick everyone up and deliver them to the church prior to the wedding... I don't need that either.

Anyone have any tips on how to get a limo company to agree to just drive us around between ceremony and reception?  Any limo companies in Akron/Northeast Ohio area that you have had good luck with and would recommend?  Or should we just forget the limo and hope our friends are smart enough to get to each location?

Re: Limo or not?

• Options
    You're right that every limo company has a minimum. I haven't found any that don't and I don't think you will get them to change that. They do it because it isn't worth it to them to send a car out for 2 hours. Then they miss out on another event that would have lasted longer. I think it would be nice of you to have the bridal party picked up and taken to the church. That would ensure everyone gets there on time and then they wouldn't have to worry about leaving their cars at the church and getting back to them after the reception.
  • Options
    That's true.  And I guess if there is a 4 hour minimum, might as well make the best of it!
  • Options
    What we did is have the girls meet at the reception hall, limo drove us to church, then went back to reception hall & picked boys up later (you could do this reseversed if you want). This way everyone had their cars at the reception hall for the end of the night when they wanted to go home. It's nice getting familiar with the bus and driver prior to the ceremony and to know the limo would be there ready after the ceremony and the paperwork was already done. We went to several downtown locations where parking would have made things difficult. It was nice to be able to keep everyone together for photos & it made it go quicker too. If you can afford, it is a nice thing to have.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards