Moms and Maids
Options

I'm not sure...

Is the MOB supposed to get pampered just like the bride? If so is it supposed to be on my dime?

Re: I'm not sure...

• Options
    Are you the bride? What kind of pampering are you talking about?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Is the MOB supposed to get pampered just like the bride? If so is it supposed to be on my dime?
    No pampering of anyone is required. And no one is required to pay for anyone else's elective pampering.

ETA: I am confused, but does this answer your question?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Yes I am the bride, but my mother has it in her head that I'm supposed to pay for her and myself to get our hair, nails, and toes done
  • Options
    Yes I am the bride, but my mother has it in her head that I'm supposed to pay for her and myself to get our hair, nails, and toes done
    No.  That is absolutely not necessary.  If she wants to be pampered, she can pay for herself to get pampered.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Options
    You are only required to pay for pampering -- hair, make-up, nails -- if you are requiring your BMs to have their hair, make-up, and nails done. Otherwise, no. And definitely not your mother!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    No.  Some brides may choose to pamper their moms if they want to and they can afford it in their budget, but it is not necessary at all. 
  • Options
    No, your mom is wrong. Nice try on her part though...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    No, it's not required. Now, if you're going with all your BMs to get pampered in this way, it would be nice if you could include your mom in it as well. However, it's not so nice that she's insisting you pay for her - it would be fine if you were to offer and she were to graciously accept... not if she's trying to force your hand.
  • Options
    About to be a 4 time MOB - your's is dead wrong.  She wants to be pampered, she gets to pay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards