Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

In Search of Dress Alteration Recommendations

Hey everyone :) I will be starting the process of discussing and then getting dress alterations in a couple of weeks - my wedding is the first week of Oct.

I wanted to compile a list of possible places so I can begin researching and then contacting...

Did anyone have a good experience at a particular place? Were your alterations affordable?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :) 

Re: In Search of Dress Alteration Recommendations

• Yolanda at Michael's Bridal did an amazing job on my dress. I had a fully beaded bodice and she took it in, created a sweet heart neckline and re-worked all of the beading so you couldn't even tell. I highly recommend her!
  • I, unfortunately, had my alternations done at david's bridal! I am very happy with the purchase of my dress, the cost of my dress, the experience i had when i purchased my dress there. but the alterations department is atrocious!!!! i won't go in to the long story, but i almost had a wedding day without a bustle because of their laziness! luckily someone caught it and they did a bustle, for free :) I recommend going to a smaller place that actually care about their clients! good luck with your search!
  • I, unfortunately, had my alternations done at david's bridal! I am very happy with the purchase of my dress, the cost of my dress, the experience i had when i purchased my dress there. but the alterations department is atrocious!!!! i won't go in to the long story, but i almost had a wedding day without a bustle because of their laziness! luckily someone caught it and they did a bustle, for free :) I recommend going to a smaller place that actually care about their clients! good luck with your search!
    Thank you! That is good to know. My dress is from David's Bridal, but I will be sure to go elsewhere for the alternations.
  • I went to lil bit creations and alterations in bethel park. She pretty much re did the entire back of my dress
  • Amy's Alterations in Canonsburg. She was great! I bought a vintage dress off of Etsy that did not fit me in the bust area at all. She took my dress out by about 4 inches, redid the sweetheart neckline so that is fit properly, put in a whole new underlay for the dress, hemmed it up (which was a pain since it's layered lace) and did a bustle for $200. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards