Not Engaged Yet

Hello NEY Knotties!

I've been a silent lurker for quite some time and decided to finally say Hello!

Engagement has definitely been on my brain for a while but even more so lately. The bf and I are celebrating our 7yr anniversary (dating) on Saturday. We are the next "expected" wedding in the family but no one is pushing us or anything. Apparently he thinks that after living together for over 5 years I would not know when he is acting out of character. He's been asking little nonchalant questions about rings and got me to get my finger sized on a random trip to the mall. We are going on a trip to Cancun in September and I have the feeling that he may do it then. But who knows, he may try to sneak it on me when I am least expecting it.

@phira - Yes, I LOVE Tamora Pierce. When I moved from my apartment to my house I donated all of my books from when I was a teenager. I gave away my collections from her and sincerely regret it. Which is your favorite?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello NEY Knotties!

• Hello, Dottie! I'm sure you've got your head on your shoulders straight, but remember to try to relax over the next few months, too.

I saw that you're crafty - what's your favorite craft medium (wood, fabric, yarn, etc.)? What do you make?
  • Happy (early) anniversary! 

The few months before DH proposed were some of the sweetest of our relationship. Cherish that time and try not to get too crazy about the when/where/how of when he'll be proposing. 

Can you share photos of your fur babies? I've been dying to get a dog, but it isn't really feasible time-wise for us right now. 
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    Hi! 7 years is such a long time! Happy anniversary!

I see in your intro that you like to read and that you love Harry Potter! We can be friends :)

I'm currently re-reading the whole series. I'm on HBP. Which one is your favorite? Whose is your favorite character?

• Ahahaha I love that GIF.

I think my favorite Tamora Pierce book is the second one in the Song of the Lioness series. Probably because that's when things start to get SEXY.

I've also been rereading Harry Potter off and on (I'm on the 4th book right now because we don't have a copy of the 3rd one--very sad). My best friend and I are making my partner watch all of the movies in a row, and the 4th one is up next. It's pathetic how much information I can remember from Harry Potter, and how little I can remember about my chosen academic field ...
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I think you are quite right. Now that I think about it, we have been especially lovey dovey lately! It is crazy that only recently I have been getting that wedding fever. I am trying to keep my self in check, but damn, the excitement gets to me.

One of my favorite crafty things to do is paint. I don't mean like really artsy paintings or anthing like that. However, if you need me to paint Mickey Mouse on a pumpkin, I am your girl! My sisters and I have a list of all the Pinterest stuff we've tried and mark them as FAILED or worthy of doing twice. (Yes, I am a pinterest minion)

Dogs are an amazing addition to a family or person, but they are a lot of effort. God have mercy on us if we ever have kids. I may try to kennel them.

My mongrels:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What wonderful dogs! And I agree on the pets vs. kids thing - I have a cat and I can see myself tapping my kid's nose and saying "No!" if the kid is misbehaving. 
  •  

What wonderful dogs! And I agree on the pets vs. kids thing - I have a cat and I can see myself tapping my kid's nose and saying "No!" if the kid is misbehaving. 

This made me LOL.

How does anyone hate HP? I'll always hold a torch for Hermione. When they were casting for the movies, my dream was to rat up my brown hair and practice my British accent on the plane to London to audition. Ahh...dreams.

Also, did anyone else use to go to Barnes & Noble for the midnight release of the books?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would have gone to the midnight releases, but I lived too far away to make that possible. They always looked so cool...
    edited August 2013
    Dottie05 said:

What wonderful dogs! And I agree on the pets vs. kids thing - I have a cat and I can see myself tapping my kid's nose and saying "No!" if the kid is misbehaving. 

This made me LOL.

How does anyone hate HP? I'll always hold a torch for Hermione. When they were casting for the movies, my dream was to rat up my brown hair and practice my British accent on the plane to London to audition. Ahh...dreams.

Also, did anyone else use to go to Barnes & Noble for the midnight release of the books?

ME! I did! My friends who weren't as into the books would come with me sometimes and for some reason always thought I wanted to hang out after I got the book in my hands. I was always just like "You're kidding right?"

Those were awesome times though. I loved hanging out with other fans. I always went to the midnight premieres of the movies too. And yes, I was the crazy person who was first or second in line and had been there all day.

• YES! They all knew to leave me alone for atleast the next day.

I wish I had enough cajones at the time to dress up and do all the fun stuff!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I worked a midnight release for book 6! I "stole" (we would have thrown them out) one of the boxes that the books came in and used it all four years of college to pack my DVDs in. It was an awesome conversation starter, especially freshman year.

I don't dislike Emma Watson that much, but I was super disappointed with the way the movies portrayed Hermione. I always thought of her as less whiney/dramatic and more like ... bossy and slightly snarky. And if they needed inspiration for her hair, they could have just used mine ...
    Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    phira said:
    I worked a midnight release for book 6! I "stole" (we would have thrown them out) one of the boxes that the books came in and used it all four years of college to pack my DVDs in. It was an awesome conversation starter, especially freshman year.

I don't dislike Emma Watson that much, but I was super disappointed with the way the movies portrayed Hermione. I always thought of her as less whiney/dramatic and more like ... bossy and slightly snarky. And if they needed inspiration for her hair, they could have just used mine ...
    Hmm...I didn't really feel that she was whiny and dramatic in the movies (I mean yes at specific times but she was playing a teenage girl) but for the most part she did seem bossy and snarky. I adore Emma Watson and thought she did fantastic.

I was most disappointed with Ginny. Bonnie Wright wasn't that great of an actress and they took away everything that made Ginny awesome.

• @bethsmiles Right? They made her SO QUIET and like ... a non-character.
    Anniversary
  • @phira - it was my biggest disappointment with the movies! Re-reading the books I'm always like "Oh yeah, Ginny was supposed to be bad-ass"

• Hmm...I didn't really feel that she was whiny and dramatic in the movies (I mean yes at specific times but she was playing a teenage girl) but for the most part she did seem bossy and snarky. I adore Emma Watson and thought she did fantastic.

I was most disappointed with Ginny. Bonnie Wright wasn't that great of an actress and they took away everything that made Ginny awesome.

I think at the time she was cast, they didn't realize how big her role would be. She was just another little redhead kid. She was definitely a lackluster Ginny.
  • leia1979 said:
    I think at the time she was cast, they didn't realize how big her role would be. She was just another little redhead kid. She was definitely a lackluster Ginny.
    Agreed.  I was disappointed with her but happy with Luna.  :)
  • leia1979 said:
    Hmm...I didn't really feel that she was whiny and dramatic in the movies (I mean yes at specific times but she was playing a teenage girl) but for the most part she did seem bossy and snarky. I adore Emma Watson and thought she did fantastic.

True, but they also changed a lot of the scenes with Ginny too.

@minskat30 - I agree, Luna was cast extremely well.

• Luna is aaaaawesooooome (book and movie)
    Anniversary
  • I am so excited to hear people loving Tamora Pierce! Whenever I mention her, most people just give me a blank look! I loved her song of the lioness series! My BF is a fan too :-) But... I was actually disappointed by her Beka Cooper series and have not been able to get into it :-( I really want to, but the journal style just throws me off... The first book I read of hers was First Test, from the Protector of the Smalls Series (have reread it a dozen times) But, my favorite series from her has to be the Immortals Series!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards