Second Weddings

Less than two months until the big day!!! :-)

Last year at this time I was getting ready for my 10/11/12 wedding that never happened, because on August 16th my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and passed on August 29th.  We decided to cancel the wedding and move it to 10/3/13.  Not only did I grieve my mom but the wedding that was to be . . . even though I knew I'd never have been truly happy that day if we had decided to go ahead with it.  This last year has allowed me to grieve and start smiling again, and just over this last month I've started to get excited again about the wedding!  I wish I could stop thinking "what's going to happen this time?", but I'm truly getting excited!!! October will be here before we know it!!! Yay!!!!!!

Re: Less than two months until the big day!!! :-)

• I'm so sorry about your mother.  I can't begin imagine the emotions and loss that you must have gone through last year.    But congratulations on being so close to the next chapter of your life.
  • I'm sorry for your loss, we lost my DH's dad 5 months before our wedding to COPD.  And we talked about postponing the wedding with my MIL and her words were my FIL wanted the wedding to go on as scheduled we had all waited long enough. 

I'm glad though that you took the time to heal and are now getting excited about your up coming wedding.  Losing a parent is never easy and you lost her so close to what would have been your wedding date that your postponement made total sense. 

Congratulations on making this far - and keep a positive attitude. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards