Ohio-Columbus

Does anyone know of a cheaper DJ than Buckeye Entertainment?

I'm setting up a meeting with Byron for the next week or two and so far he is the cheapest DJ I have seen and appears to get FABULOUS reviews around here.  If I get a good feeling from Byron when I meet with him I am comfortable locking him in but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking someone who is still good but may be cheaper.

The DJ is not a priority for me.  We are having an afternoon wedding and while I want everyone to have fun I don't know if people will want to dance or not.  We want the DJ so we don't have to DIY the music and announcements.

Thanks!
April
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Does anyone know of a cheaper DJ than Buckeye Entertainment?

• Your subject line cracked me up!   :-)

So, you know there are Craiglist DJs right?  (I know this because a friend trying to book something last minute for a neighborhood party just said "have you ever looked at the crazy Craiglist bands and DJS?  ha ha)

So - advertising on Craiglist does not make anyone bad or good - it simply makes them available, and I'm guessing  "cheaper than ..."

Just proceed with caution.  You say DJ is not a priority, but, remember, this person will be planning with you, managing your do plays and don't plays, and also representing you and DH on the microphone. 

Good luck! 

• donethat said:
    Your subject line cracked me up!   :-)

So, you know there are Craiglist DJs right?  (I know this because a friend trying to book something last minute for a neighborhood party just said "have you ever looked at the crazy Craiglist bands and DJS?  ha ha)

So - advertising on Craiglist does not make anyone bad or good - it simply makes them available, and I'm guessing  "cheaper than ..."

Just proceed with caution.  You say DJ is not a priority, but, remember, this person will be planning with you, managing your do plays and don't plays, and also representing you and DH on the microphone. 

Good luck! 

I would like to avoid a complete "craigslist dj".  While it is not a priority I do want a professional.  So far Buckeye Entertainment has been the least expensive company I have seen and it is under budget.  In a perfect world I could find a professional DJ for less than $400 but I know that is asking a lot.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We used Matt Ryan and he is inexpensive and fantastic!  Here is his website http://www.mattryandj.com/content/dj_content.html.  Seriously check him out we loved him!
  • Are you still looking for a DJ? I have a recommendation but since the last post was in July I thought maybe you already found one to book with. Our DJ is $500 so if thats in your budget and you still want a referral let me know ...
  • @primapixie, can you share your referral? DJ is next on my list! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards