Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

new to this site & recently engaged :D my proposal story & ring!

Barkley & I met and fell in love at the age of 17. We're basically high school sweethearts!<3 We are a very close couple, inseparable and also best friends! Well my fiance joined the national guard in 2012 and left for boot camp in Jan of 2013. It was very hard with him gone, but I stayed strong waiting for him. He finally came home mid-june 2013 and the day after he came home he planned a date for us :) Prior to this date he told me to go buy a new dress, make a hair appointment, go all out. The day of the date he took me out for lunch to burger king then after to see a movie of my choice. That was meaningful to us because that is what we did on our very first date back in 2007! After the movie we went to the botanical gardens which were so beautiful and romantic. My mom and sister were also there, Barkley gave them a video camera to make "home movies". Half way through the gardens Barkley pulled 6 pink roses out of his backpack. (On our first date he gave me a single rose). Well he told me the 5 roses represented each year of our relationship and the 6th rose represents a new chapter in our relationship... then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him :,) i cried! The ring was beautiful, and my sister recorded the entire thing on video! After that we enjoyed supper at Red Lobster and spent the night in a king suite of a hotel! We have set the date for August 22, 2014 and I am so excited! I love him with my whole heart and cannot wait to be his wife<3 We have a lot of planning already done... such as the wedding site, reception location, catering, both our rings ordered... lol but this is all new and exciting:) 

Re: new to this site &amp; recently engaged :D my proposal story &amp; ring!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards