Favors

Takeaway Favors

Has anyone done takeaway favors? How did this go over with guests? I was thinking colorful genie type vases to fit with my Moroccan theme, that works as a centerpiece and then guests can take home at end of day. 

Re: Takeaway Favors

• Will you have enough for one per person?
  • The best favors are useful or edible. Confession: if it's not one of these two things, I take it and throw it away when I get home. 

The best favor I ever got were personalized mint tins. They weren't personalized with the couples names and dates (always a little AW). They just had a really cool design on them that all the stationary and menus had - totally went with their theme. I still keep them in my car and they're like mini altoids. Love them.
    *********************************************************************************

• Yes there will be one per person. I figured even if some people didn't want them, others would happily take multiples. I'm judging based on how I've seen my family & friends in the past. These are unique vases that some of my bridesmaids are already trying to call dibs on.. I guess  worst case scenario, it gives the decor more of a Moroccan feel I am going for.. 

• Our favors will be hanging on the manzinita branches that are part of our centerpieces.  Guests can choose the one they want and then replace it with a wish tag for us.

I have enough for every guest to have a favor although I'm guessing not everyone will take one...

• hotxnxicy said:

Yes there will be one per person. I figured even if some people didn't want them, others would happily take multiples. I'm judging based on how I've seen my family & friends in the past. These are unique vases that some of my bridesmaids are already trying to call dibs on.. I guess  worst case scenario, it gives the decor more of a Moroccan feel I am going for.. 

If you know your crowd will like them then go for it.

I went to a quince years ago where they gave really nice figurine dolls (one per family) and we still have it. My family typically takes things like this home is they fit our decor or they're useful.
  • hotxnxicyhotxnxicy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2013
    Just getting close to the wedding and second guessing everything..
  • hotxnxicy said:
    Has anyone done takeaway favors? How did this go over with guests? I was thinking colorful genie type vases to fit with my Moroccan theme, that works as a centerpiece and then guests can take home at end of day. 
    I usually say go for edible, however this is one of the few cases where I would probably take the non-edible favor.
  • I agree with other posters that I usually prefer edible and leave any other kind of favor behind.  But these look kind of unique and I might take it.  If there were different designs/patterns then FI would take one as well but if they were all the same one would be enough for our house.  Either way, I think they will look great as part of your décor.
  • There will be a variety of colors/shapes so I'm hoping that some people will want to also grab the leftovers. I'm actually hoping to reuse some of these Moroccan themed wedding decor as part of my own home decor at some point. 
  • I like the idea and brought it up to a friend who poo-pooed it to me. I thought everyone could take a bud vase filled with daisies, or whatever. The only problem I see, is that some people leave really early, so you end up with a table with half a centerpiece left.
  • I think your idea is wonderful - So many brides are concerned over what their guests will think of the favors - We all know that favors are not necessary - so if you don't mind spending the money on them then I think you should go ahead with your plans.  Most guests will take a favor, even if they don't use it later.  However, your favors can be used as small vases for a floral stem.. so in my opinion are quite functional and practical!  Good Luck!
  • Thanks for the support! I actually have sort of DYI main centerpieces (Moroccan lanterns, birdcages). I'm hoping to gift them to those who helped me the most with all this wedding planning. Anyone have any advice on how to tell guests NOT to take the main centerpieces home with them?
  • Near the end of the party, have the person who is running the music make a BRIEF announcement inviting the guests to take their intended gift but not the centerpieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards