Florida-South Florida
Options

Wedding on a TINY Budget (5K)

Hello beautiful brides, brides to be, grooms etc.

Im attempting to plan my wedding on a small budget (I rather save the $$$ and spend it in Greece) Any suggestions on Venues, Ideas, Vendors, Ceremony sites? Any information/idea is welcomed and VERY much appreciated.

Hugs!!!

Jess

Re: Wedding on a TINY Budget (5K)

• Options
    Hey Jess.. how many people are you trying to host? and indoor or outdoor? when is the wedding?  

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options

Hi Lecia.

about 80-100 guests, sometime in Late May and although i would prefer outdoor, my budget is small and i will take what i can get. :0)

• Options
    d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I would suggest doing a brunch, or cocktail / apps reception with that budget. 

All parks are pretty decently priced. 

Im on a 10k budget for 100 - 150 people, and its hard very hard! lol

Good luck!
  • Options
    My thing is that can definitely work but more than likely it will be only appetizers and cocktails and perhaps you can do it on the park near where you live... or do the courthouse and host a cocktail party at your home...HTH and Goodluck

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Ceremony at a park and Paella.. We hired Royal Paella for my daughter's eparty and I'm looking at the website now and it's $6.95 per person for 100 people.  That comes with salad, rolls and plantains. Its a fun, festive and filling meal. Serve only Soft Drinks, Wine, and beer plus make a signature drink. I also laid out an appetizer table. Cheese and crackers, fruit, bruschetta and garlic bread, lobster dip that I made myself. Cuban croquetas, etc.   I made a blue sangria anf filled one of those 2 gallon decanters. No need for a bartender.  Don't rent china because you will  need to hire two servers to help you. Instead buy the pretty disposable white plates that have a silver edge. They are sold at Costco.  For dessert you can have a small but pretty cake to cut and then have a some kind of dessert table.  I made Oreo Cookie Pops that are super easy to make and everybody loved and either ate right there or took as favors. We had cupcakes so people could grab their own and and we had a chocolate fondue pot (instead of a fountain) and stacked bananas, strawberries Instead of  going overboard with flowers get creative with candles or other centerpieces.  I made real cool centerpieces for her party.  I printed their photos in black and white on velum paper and duct taped three frames without the glasses on together to make some kind of triangle like thing (hard to explain) and then put a votive in the middle so the pictures glowed. It was really pretty. Got the frames at the dollar store.  The velum paper was about $3 at Pearl's. Each centerpiece I would say ended up costing about $5. I put  each one on a mirror and then sorrouned it with more votives.. It looked pretty and I did want it to look simple since it was just her E-party.  You can do groupings of three centerpieces per table for more drama and you are still way under budget.  You can also buy 7" cylinders at the dollar store, fill them with water and a single orchid stem and float a candle.  Put them on a mirror surrounded by more votives.  (I can lend you 10 mirrors).  If your wedding is during the daytime you can just fill mason jars with babie's breath and other sweet looking flowers. We hired an inexpensive DJ.  You can create your own photobooth by draping  black fabric somewhere, buying a few props and 3 or 4 disposable cameras and have a sign telling people to go ahead and have fun and that you will send them their photo when you come back from your honeymoon and include it in your Thank You notes. Find a photographer that will give you  printing rights and pay only to shoot.   Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy Greece!
  • Options
    YA1 said:
    Ceremony at a park and Paella.. We hired Royal Paella for my daughter's eparty and I'm looking at the website now and it's $6.95 per person for 100 people.  That comes with salad, rolls and plantains. Its a fun, festive and filling meal. Serve only Soft Drinks, Wine, and beer plus make a signature drink. I also laid out an appetizer table. Cheese and crackers, fruit, bruschetta and garlic bread, lobster dip that I made myself. Cuban croquetas, etc.   I made a blue sangria anf filled one of those 2 gallon decanters. No need for a bartender.  Don't rent china because you will  need to hire two servers to help you. Instead buy the pretty disposable white plates that have a silver edge. They are sold at Costco.  For dessert you can have a small but pretty cake to cut and then have a some kind of dessert table.  I made Oreo Cookie Pops that are super easy to make and everybody loved and either ate right there or took as favors. We had cupcakes so people could grab their own and and we had a chocolate fondue pot (instead of a fountain) and stacked bananas, strawberries Instead of  going overboard with flowers get creative with candles or other centerpieces.  I made real cool centerpieces for her party.  I printed their photos in black and white on velum paper and duct taped three frames without the glasses on together to make some kind of triangle like thing (hard to explain) and then put a votive in the middle so the pictures glowed. It was really pretty. Got the frames at the dollar store.  The velum paper was about $3 at Pearl's. Each centerpiece I would say ended up costing about $5. I put  each one on a mirror and then sorrouned it with more votives.. It looked pretty and I did want it to look simple since it was just her E-party.  You can do groupings of three centerpieces per table for more drama and you are still way under budget.  You can also buy 7" cylinders at the dollar store, fill them with water and a single orchid stem and float a candle.  Put them on a mirror surrounded by more votives.  (I can lend you 10 mirrors).  If your wedding is during the daytime you can just fill mason jars with babie's breath and other sweet looking flowers. We hired an inexpensive DJ.  You can create your own photobooth by draping  black fabric somewhere, buying a few props and 3 or 4 disposable cameras and have a sign telling people to go ahead and have fun and that you will send them their photo when you come back from your honeymoon and include it in your Thank You notes. Find a photographer that will give you  printing rights and pay only to shoot.   Hope that helps and I hope you enjoy Greece!
    THIS LOOKS GREAT!!.. i want to have a party just to use them..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards