Ohio-Columbus
Options

July 27th Wedding Vendor Reviews!

Hey ladies! I just got married on July 27th and everything was just what I had hoped for! Just thought I'd share some vendor reviews :)

Grand Valley Dale Ballroom (venue for ceremony & reception)- I am very type A personality, so I came prepared and organized for every meeting. The company wasn't the MOST organized, but they always responded promptly answering any questions I had! They helped make sure things ran smoothly at the rehearsal and ceremony. The space is just GORGEOUS!! Look it up, seriously. We hardly did any additional decorating. The place was built in 1918 and just has this great old vibe to it, but the chandeliers and giant mirror ball really give it that extra something. Highly recommend! A

Universe Bridal (bridal gown)- Universe Bridal is located in Coschocton, Ohio. Although kind of a drive from Columbus, I highly recommend! The prices are great and so is the selection! Found my dress during my first trip! There is a winery across the street too, so you and your ladies can go there afterwards for a little celebration! A

Wendy's Bridal (bridesmaid dresses)- Wendy's had a great selection. About 90% of my bridesmaids live outside of Columbus (or even Ohio!). Wendy's was very accommodating with getting sizes and ordering over the phone. Everything came in on time, even a bit early! A

Marriott Airport Hotel (guest room block)- The hotel was very accommodating. My father-in-law handled most of this, considering he is very familiar with the hotel industry. Very glad he helped! A

Ron Walker Photography (photography)- We didn't want to spend a TON on photography. We payed just over $1,000 for Ron. That included engagement pictures, the whole day as well as 2 photographers (Ron and his son). The two really worked great together and we kept forgetting they were even there! We just saw the pictures about a week ago, AND OH MY GOSH. My husband's parents thought we payed thousands of dollars for their services. They were that amazing! Pictures only took about 2 weeks to be able to see online and show off. Definitely worth looking into! A+

Root Beer Float Productions (videography)- The videography was kind of a last-minute add-on for us. I haven't seen the video yet, but so glad we did it! It seems like such a great investment and I can't wait to see it! RBF Productions is a husband and wife (2 videographers) and they are the nicest people! The wife, Aimee, was so helpful with even little things throughout the day... like helping get people, helping a bridesmaid carry my dress, etc.! We didn't spend a ton of money (about $750), but their work looks amazing! Can't wait to see it. A+

Boardwalk Catering (food)- Laura is such a sweetheart! We loved working with her. The food was DELICIOUS (considering we ran out of the chicken dish...). She also handled the linens and they were great as well! Highly recommend. A

Platinum Music Productions (DJ)- We had Justin, the owner, as our DJ. When we first booked, we had a guy named Alan since Justin charged more since he's the owner. About a month before our wedding, Alan quit the company. Justin called me and told me not to worry and he would be our DJ (no extra charge, of course). I was very pleased with how he handled it with me. At our reception, Justin did a FANTASTIC job. The dance floor was packed all night and he really made it a party atmosphere, just like we wanted! A+

Haley Hanewalt (now Haley Carter - Makeup)- Haley did my makeup as well as all of my bridesmaids and 2 mothers. No one was disappointed! She did a beautiful job. Very reasonable priced as well. She came to us at a hotel in Columbus. She offers traditional makeup and airbrush makeup services. Traditional was $40 and airbrush was $50. Haley is such a sweetheart and really wants you to feel beautiful! A

Brittni Warden (Hair) - Brittni also came to the hotel and did the hair of myself, 6 of my bridesmaids, my mother, and mother-in-law. That is a lot of people. She was fast and organized and everyone was very please with their hair. A

Flowerman (flowers) - MY FAVORITE VENDOR OF THEM ALL!!!! Melissa with Flowerman was super helpful from our first meeting. She really knows what she's doing. My husband, 4 of our friends and I did the DIY construction 2 days before the wedding and had a GREAT time. We got to bond and had total control over the centerpieces. I also felt really proud when I went into the venue the day-of, before all the guests arrived, and knew that I had made pretty much everything. Flowerman saved us 60% of what we would have paid a florist! It felt so great knowing there were no floral surprises on the big day. You knew what everything was going to look like! I got soooo many compliments on my bouquet! What a great experience. A++++

Social Confetti Events (photobooth)- Our guests certainly had a great time with the photo booth. Everyone keeps talking about it. We went with this company because we bought a Groupon that was very reasonably priced! Just around $400 for 4 hours. What a hit! A

Columbus Party Bus (transportation)- We had a party bus for our bridal party considering there were 18 of us! Husband handled most of this planning and everything was great. They were on time, friendly, and very accommodating. A

Men's Wearhouse (tuxedos)- Ugh. They were kind of a headache. We had a large order- my husband, 8 groomsmen, 1 ring bearer and 2 fathers. People must have been told 6 different prices at various times. At one point, a few of the guys had been told a pick-up date of August 12th (our wedding was July 27th)! Everything worked out in the end but I did not need the added stress of 12 people texting me that they had been told different prices and different dates. C

We had a family friend do our cake - amazing of course! My cousin, who is a pastor, married us and made it very personal.

I probably seem like a really easy grader, but everything was pretty much PERFECT from beginning to end. I got so lucky!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: July 27th Wedding Vendor Reviews!

• Options
    I'm glad everything went so well and so smooth for you! Also, I'm glad to hear you had a great experience with Valley Dale, because I booked with them as well :)
  • Options
    Awesome! I need to do my reviews still. I was holding off because we had problems with the venue and I wanted to give them a chance to respond - but with no return phone call I have my response it appears. They didn't care that day and they still don't. 
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards