Not Engaged Yet

Is it just me?

Or is this board and the treehouse equally slow/dead? I feel like maybe the summer has something to do with it? Just wanted to see if anyone else shared this observation. Anyone have any wild or exciting plans for the end of the summer?

Re: Is it just me?

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2013
    I'm sure summer is a part of it but also the mass exodus made it really slow over here and  I'm not surprised the treehouse is slow as well. It's still a much smaller number of people posting in both places.

• There are like 15 people max at the treehouse. Seems like everyone signed up, but couldn't commit and are probably back here.
  • Yeah, it's slow here;  there's been a lack of crazy on this board, which keeps things dead. Haven't been around the treehouse much so no comment on that.

IDK about exciting plans for the end of the summer; today BF has to decide whether or not to go to his HS reunion next month. I told him I would support him either way and go with him if he wanted, but I wasn't going to be all excited about it and tell him to go because my HS years were not fun. We talked about going to the state fair, but it doesn't look like that's going to materialize. Bummer. Anyone else got plans?
  • I joined the treehouse just so I could see both sides of the drama. I don't really know any of the regs over there so I didn't ever really plan on posting much.

As for summer plans - I'm currently on vacation with my family. BF didn't want to come which is a bummer but I'm excited to see him in a few days. School starts back up again on the 26th though so I don't have much summer left!

• As far as wrapping up the summer, I plan to have fun this last weekend. I start orientation for my new position next Tuesday, and new 6th graders come in on Wednesday to explore the building for a couple hours. School doesn't really begin until the 28th.

My mini summer bucket list include going to waterfire (http://waterfire.org/about/), going to the beach one last time, shopping for clothes and going to the drive in. I'm so determined on going to the drive in!
  • Yea both have been slow, I only post on Treehouse every now and then. There are some things on there that I like but I stick on here still as well.

Well, I was supposed to go to the beach this weekend but that got canceled because FI has a big meeting at work on Friday so I'm going to knock out addressing my invitations and be done with them forever. I hope that on Labor Day weekend, FI and I will get to go to SC and go to Clemson's first game of the season with his family. Plans are still in the making for that.
  • @bethsmiles too bad BF didn't join your vacation. Have fun with your family!

@KeptInStitches & @southernpeach89 too bad that plans didn't work out....maybe time to have a plan b? movies at home or a chopped cook off date lol
  • I can't get on the TH from work so I'm hardly ever on there. 

I think summers are always pretty quiet around here and the exodus obviously didn't help. 

• 500days said:
    @bethsmiles too bad BF didn't join your vacation. Have fun with your family!

@KeptInStitches & @southernpeach89 too bad that plans didn't work out....maybe time to have a plan b? movies at home or a chopped cook off date lol
    FI did mention using some of his bday gift cards this weekend. He got a couple to some of our favorite restaurants so we may use those. I've been craving some Cheesecake Factory anyways.
  • @500days, I'm mostly bummed because the state fair was supposed to be our first vacation since we started dating almost 5 years ago. Seriously. I haven't been on vacation at all in ... counting ... 10 years. I'm a little whiny about it but I know I have to let it go.
  • Both boards are slow.   I've been posting mostly on my local board as well as The Treehouse, but its all been slow.  Work is even slow with so many of my customers on vacation.  I need some entertainment!

My summer plans include getting a new name in 16 days, and then lots of laying on the beach starting the 2nd.  If I'm lucky we can even squeeze in another trip to the lake house at the end of Sept:)
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @southerpeach89 I have a hoard of groupons, livingsocials and giftcards that I need to use up before they expire. I think I'll have to use the groupons and livingsocials first, then the giftcards. I doubt they could be combined. Cheesecake Factory sounds awesome! We only have one here, and it's in the mall downcity so I HATE going there.
  • @KeptInStitches I would be more than bummed. You definitely deserve to go on vacation, considering it's been 10 years. How does your SO feel about taking them? My SO struggles to take time off of work, whereas I have many vacation weeks, and it always creates a problem when trying to plan. 

@Suzie211 omg you are so close! I bet you are very excited and anxious, especially since the summer's winding down.
  • @500days SO's cool with taking vacations, but part of the problem is his vacation days tend to get dedicated to family events because his family's freaking huge. I don't have PTO, so any day I take off work is unpaid, which doesn't help scheduling because obviously I want money.
  • @500days I'm so excited!  We picked up our rings and marriage license last night.  Its close enough that every conversation I have with a co-worker, customer, or family member someone inevitably asks if I'm done planning.   I've got all the big stuff done, and its just little things now, so the anxiety will diminish as soon as I can check everything off and relax.

I used to also be coupon crazy, but end up buying deals from Groupon or restaurants.com that I never would use.  So I gave up!  I seriously have at least two restaurant coupons I have never used and both places are just down the street from me.  I fail at coupons.

@southernpeach89 Please eat all the cheesecake for me.  That sounds so good right now.

@bethsmiles Enjoy your vacation!

@KeptInStiches Is there anyone else that can go to the State Fair with you, so you still can get a vacation even if its not with BF?
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • I can't believe summer is almost over. It makes me SO sad :(

Tomorrow, H and I are going to NY state for the weekend. I randomly decided to book a little quiet, secluded cabin for us to spend a couple days relaxing. Next weekend we might be going to VT with a bunch of friends. This mini-trip is still up in the air though. Labor day weekend, my cousin is getting married so we'll be in MD for that. Lots of traveling coming up!

• @KeptInStitches I would take suzie's advice and maybe see if a friend wants to go with you. I have taken short weekend getaways with friends (even my brother) when my SO can't come along. We don't really have a state fair here, but I assume the state fair is far away, once a year and pretty fun.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2013

I'm around.  We actually got our wedding 4 minute video summary clip back.  Was thinking of posting that on a new thread but not sure it was too AW-like.  :)

Summer has flown.  We are going up to visit my family this weekend (my niece's birthday) and then down to Houston to visit my best friend around Labor Day.  Should be fun!

@swazzle - the cabin sounds awesome!  How did you find it?

@suzzie211 - You are so close!  Are you excited? Nervous?

@keptinstitches - Seriously? No vacation in 10 years?  Why?

• @minskat30 - Post it!!!! I found it through Homeaway, it's like VRBO but I think their site is easier to navigate. 

• @minskat30 - You should definitely post it! 

• @swazzle and @bethsmiles - If you insist.  :)  I wasn't sure if I should or not.  Never saw one posted other than in the video message board (and I don't post there...only here really).
  • @suzie211, I'm sure I could find someone else to go with me, but it's a 5 hour drive, we would need a hotel, it's almost $40 just to get into the fair, and that's before we eat anything.

@500days, I can guarantee far away and once a year. Don't know about fun, I haven't been, but BF talks about it as a good time.

@minskat30, no vacation in 10 years for the most boring reason of all time - finances. Lots of stay-cations, but (whining) I want to travel! At least something that requires me to get in my car. And isn't family-related.
  • @minskat30 So excited!!!!  I can't wait to be Mrs. P.  I'm nervous about the little things though.  I really just want the day to be fun for everyone, and am hoping everything goes according to plan to make that happen.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • @keptinstitches - That sucks, I agree.  Can you plan for something in like a year or so?  H and I love traveling....we don't spend money on a lot of things (though our wedding was a wee bit expensive)...we don't have a car, don't really buy new stuff, etc. but we save up for travel.  I couldn't imagine going 10 years without a trip!

@suzie211 - I'm sure it will be lovely!  I'm a pretty detail-oriented person myself but I didn't really notice a thing that went wrong on our wedding day.  I was just so darn happy that day....I'm sure you'll be the same.  Two weeks will be here before you know it! 

• @minskat30, Hope so. I'd like to be able to plan that far out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards