Wedding Etiquette Forum

Daughter Throws Fake Wedding for Her Father Dying of Cancer

I'm not sure if you've seen this or not. I just thought it was interesting.

Daughter Throws Fake Wedding for Her Father Dying of Cancer

http://chzb.gr/13eNOtf

Re: Daughter Throws Fake Wedding for Her Father Dying of Cancer

• There was no fake wedding...there was no wedding at all.  The woman simply wanted to have a father/daughter dance with her father who will be gone in a matter of weeks.  She's not even engaged.  She just wanted to create a memory while she still could with her father.  Having lost my own father to the same disease she is losing her father to, I have to say, I probably would have done the same if I'd been older at the time.

• mlg78 said:

There was no fake wedding...there was no wedding at all.  The woman simply wanted to have a father/daughter dance with her father who will be gone in a matter of weeks.  She's not even engaged.  She just wanted to create a memory while she still could with her father.  Having lost my own father to the same disease she is losing her father to, I have to say, I probably would have done the same if I'd been older at the time.

I wasn't trying to say it was bad or anything. I was just using the same title from the website I saw it. I hope I didn't offend any one by it. I personally think it was extremely sweet of her.
  • Ditto PP, that wasn't a fake wedding, it was a fake first dance, and if it made him happy I don't have a problem with it even though it struck me as really weird.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I cried like a little baby! Wahh ! 
  • Ditto PP, that wasn't a fake wedding, it was a fake first dance, and if it made him happy I don't have a problem with it even though it struck me as really weird.
    This. All of this.  
  • This is kind of old news. I know it was posted here a few times and I think the posts even had a few pages of responses regarding whether or not it was weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards