North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Morning After Brunch

Did anyone have a morning after brunch? If so, where did you have it?

Re: Morning After Brunch

• Options
    We're just hosting at the house we're renting. Getting goodies from Waveriders/Duck Donuts, etc.
  • Options
    We are hosting at the house we are renting too.  Getting Dunkin Donuts, some fruit, other breakfast items, etc. and having a bloody mary bar! 
  • Options
    I was thinking about that, but our house would be too small to fit everyone (although I guess it depends on who would show up).

I wasn't doing a welcome dinner because not all guests are staying for the week, so I figured a day after wedding brunch would reach the most guests.

Should I nix the brunch idea and do a welcome dinner even though everyone won't be there?
  • Options
    I think hosting a morning after brunch would be exhausting, unless you have someone else in charge of it.  I was so tired the next day that all I wanted to do was lay out on the beach and nap.  We had a dinner the day after the wedding with close friends and family to finish the leftovers from the wedding.  That was held at my parents' rental though, since again, I can't even imagine setting up for something like that.  The build-up to the wedding and the day itself zapped every ounce of energy that I had! 
    image June 22, 2012
  • Options
    We hosted a welcome dinner the night before the wedding. With the distance everyone was traveling, no one arrived the day of our wedding, so everyone attended this. Part of me wishes we did have something the morning after, but we had our Trash the Dress at 7 am. We also had quite a few people leave that morning as well to go back home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I just need to figure out the logistics. I have the time - my budget is relatively inflexible though and I want to know by November exactly how much more money I'm going to need lol. So I'm trying to figure out as much as I can by then.
  • Options
    We did a morning after brunch and everyone loved it! My parents & family had their own house, so my Aunts & Uncles hosted it. We had everything from eggs, bacon, bagels, fruit & muffins.

• Options

For my daughter's wedding we hosted a welcome dinner for all the guests the evening before the wedding. It was a long distance trip (5+ hour drive) to the OBX for all the guests and we felt it was important to show our appreciation to everyone for making the commitment to attend the wedding. 

We didn't do a morning after breakfast/brunch because all the guest were staying in either rental houses or hotels that offered breakfast. Plus as jemdem8 mentioned, we too were all exhausted the day after.

We did host a cook-out/crab feast three days later for everyone that was still in the Outer Banks (about 45 of the 96 at the wedding).

• Options
    jendem8 said:
    I think hosting a morning after brunch would be exhausting, unless you have someone else in charge of it.  I was so tired the next day that all I wanted to do was lay out on the beach and nap.  We had a dinner the day after the wedding with close friends and family to finish the leftovers from the wedding.  That was held at my parents' rental though, since again, I can't even imagine setting up for something like that.  The build-up to the wedding and the day itself zapped every ounce of energy that I had! 
    This!  I got up super early after going to bed at 3am to say goodbye to a lot of people who had to leave the very next morning.  For the people who didn't leave I was way to exhausted to do anything, for 2 days after really.  We did a welcome dinner the night before though because everyone was there and had a great time.  
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards